LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Glasto ain’t happening this year. eFests lads on the frontlines instead. Stood there with speakers blasting Muse - Won’t Stand Down. Stood there singing won’t dab down to the Russian troops.

I mean with albums named The Resistance and Drones, theyre ready to go.

12 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If that is true, they've backed themselves into a corner by needing to do it during balance week when the news cycle could be much worse than it was today. 

I mean I dont think doing it on Monday wouldve been a bad move in general. Still technically Feb and day before balance window starts. 

They can only control their own circumstances and they are at minimum being mindful of what is happening which everyone here sort of expected from the festival. I dont think it was going to be totally tone deaf to make an announcement tomorrow for example. Theyre fortunate to have had a cushion before balance day or they mightve had a tougher time with it

So we mostly had it correct that today or tomorrow was going to be poster release.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

If that is true, they've backed themselves into a corner by needing to do it during balance week when the news cycle could be much worse than it was today. 

I mean, they don't need to do it during the balance week.

News regarding Russia/Ukraine could be bad for a long while yet. 

Had a few drinks tonight and just wanted to say I’m really excited for what next week (hopefully) has to bring for us. I said to my friend that things aren’t properly back to normal until Glasto is back.

We’ve waited so long for this moment!

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Given Mecca’s wordle tweet went out at 8am (obviously scheduled) surely 8am today seems fairly logical for the actual confirmation from him?

I think they were going to have him tease and then a couple hours later just put the poster out. Ill put my money on Monday now. It was a very sound thing to give people the weekend to absorb the poster and make a decision by the time Tuesday came along. Now you take into consideration how much time is lost by a lot of people who dont hear the line up is out and then have to rush. Oddly enough its more common than you think when it comes to that sort of thing.