LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

Just now, Neil said:

i think its possible but unlikely. there's usually more small acts self confirming around announcement day, seems quiet today.

Thanks - is there a reason why people are thinking it? Surprised today of all days given the Ukraine news

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Mccartney has confirmed himself on twitter, the festival hasnt officially announced

its either a stand alone announce or the poster is nigh

would be lame imo to reconfirm an already expected and previously announced 2020 headliner in their own new 2022 standalone news item

Link? I’m not seeing it

nvm - love the announcement format very smart

Edited by gfa

4 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

I'd be very surprised if we had anything today. With what's happening in Ukraine, I don't think it would be in the greatest taste tbh.

Last poster announcement was literally in the middle of the COVID explosion, with already some countries in strong lockdowns... So I don't think it will really influence any announcement.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

I do understand that but Is it in great taste to do it any time there is a war going on?

I think it's probably an over simplification to think of it as just being a war. Probably better described as a European country has been invaded in the last few hours. Pretty nuts.

At a minimum its going to dominate the media but personally I just can't imagine they'd announce given its only happened in the last few hours.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts - Happy Thursday, sorry if I brought the mood down everyone! 

A Russian despot shelling civilians and dangling his nukes in people’s faces is a world away from not being able to go outside and to the pub, to be fair. 

Plus the Covid announcement was heavily caveated with ‘this probably won’t actually happen’ anyway. 

Not sure I agree that it’s going to stop any announcement, but the two aren’t the same thing. 

Edited by the wonderwhy

16 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

I'd be very surprised if we had anything today. With what's happening in Ukraine, I don't think it would be in the greatest taste tbh.

i think we've speculated before that they wouldn't announce because of other news, and they did announce.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless it was a scheduled tweet that noone switched off.  

You mean to tell me Paul himself didn’t eagerly post that to his Twitter this morning?!

But yeah, not that it matters in the grand scheme of things when they announce, but I think that if there was an announcement due today then it can probably wait a day or two now that full fledged war has been declared. Macca headlining Glastonbury seems incredibly small fry news-wise in comparison.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well done 80 years old and into cryptic wordles😉!  Here’s me just doing a sudoku and thinking I’m so hip and trendy. 

nah, just showing off his NY Times subscription.

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well done 80 years old and into cryptic wordles😉!  Here’s me just doing a sudoku and thinking I’m so hip and trendy. 

Am I the only one who has no idea what a wordle even is? 

15 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Glasto ain’t happening this year. eFests lads on the frontlines instead. Stood there with speakers blasting Muse - Won’t Stand Down. Stood there singing won’t dab down to the Russian troops.

But what if I dab down from conscription ?