LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

20 hours ago, Barneym said:

Am I the only person who would like to see the line up after payment deadline, mostly just to keep this entertainment going and because I love the fact that the more I go to this beautiful bastard of a place the less the line up means to me each year, especially if I have one must see headliner which I’ll have when the confirm Macca (which  incidentally I didn’t in 2109 and probably had my favourite festival seeing Fatboy, the Chems and the Streets as my headliners)

There does seem to be this obsession to get the line up out earlier and earlier each year and with the gap because of COVID and earlier balance payments this year its got people chomping at the bit even more than normal.

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

There does seem to be this obsession to get the line up out earlier and earlier each year and with the gap because of COVID and earlier balance payments this year its got people chomping at the bit even more than normal.

There's always a desire to get something around balance time. People, not unreasonably, want to know what they are handing over a large amount of money for.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

There's always a desire to get something around balance time. People, not unreasonably, want to know what they are handing over a large amount of money for.

Yep, it also differs from a lot of other festivals by the fact you can't transfer your ticket to someone else

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I agree to an extent, but you've been going as long as me and I can't be the only one that's noticed that the demand for the line up gets earlier and earlier as the years go on...headliners getting announced at the end of the previous year seems to have been a common thing now for the last few years too.

12 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Think it's safe to assume that February announcement has been shelved now. Next stop, poster. 

I'd say Paul M was meant to be 'officially' announced in Feb but due to circumstances that failed. Pauls and Emilys messages alluded to a confirmation without confirming - now his tweet is just lost to anyone who doesn't know about Glasto

I still think Macca was the announcement she was referring to for Feb but for one reason or another it didn't officially happen, though he's pretty much announced himself with that tweet anyway.

Probably helps that she announced Little Simz though as technically she is still right and we got news in Feb.

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I've seen people say that a couple of times, do we know where that came from?

I’m not actually sure, I just read it on here. Could be talking utter rubbish for all I know!

But yeah it does look as though Macca was gonna be announced last week anyway.

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I've seen people say that a couple of times, do we know where that came from?

This is the exact quote, relating to making an announcement, when speaking to Clara on Radio 1:

"I was about to speak to you and I was like 'do you think we can say, come on?' You know when you get really excited about bookings? I was like 'come on we need to let people know now because it is getting close'."

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Really hoping the webcam will come back to life when the poster lands. 

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think a poster drop and the webcam going live on the same day might break efests again!

Would we be expecting activity when it is? When does the build typically start?