Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Surely he can't be anywhere but Pyramid? He is headlining big shows and main support for Liam G at Knebworth.

Other saturday headline is still open but against macca can't really see it. He's second support at Knebworth to kasabian also.

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

That is great news for me. Been a big fan since the mini disc advert!

Saw them at the festival mid afternoon in WG in 2016, so imagine something similar. If they play late in the evening, they’re going to be up against some clashes so would prefer them earlier. Or late night somewhere. Not sure if they’d be playing Hell stage or similar but I’d be all over it.

Just seen the edit after the reply I wrote hahah

Did just buy the replenish vinyl today with the T-Shirt ready for Glastonbury , so I’ll be very annoyed if they ain’t there, cos I don’t even have a record player 

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

That is great news for me. Been a big fan since the mini disc advert!

Saw them at the festival mid afternoon in WG in 2016, so imagine something similar. If they play late in the evening, they’re going to be up against some clashes so would prefer them earlier. Or late night somewhere. Not sure if they’d be playing Hell stage or similar but I’d be all over it.

Pretty sure that Reef played Hell Stage a festival or two ago

2 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Pretty sure that Reef played Hell Stage a festival or two ago

2016 - they played twice on the Friday, 7 at Williams Green then 10 on the Hell Stage. Busy evening.

I did not know this off the top of my head by the way, just so happened I had the full 2016 line up open for nostalgic browsing & remembered seeing them. 🙂

On 3/28/2022 at 6:56 PM, Acid_Haze said:

Here are the general rumours going around:

WH:

Friday: Four Tet/Khruangbin/Little Simz/Leon Bridges

Saturday: Leon Bridges/Little Simz

Sunday: Bicep

JP:

Friday: Primal Scream/Four Tet/Glass Animals

Saturday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Sunday: Primal Scream/Charli XCX/Glass Animals

Park: 

Friday: Khruangbin/Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C./Caribou/Four Tet/Big Thief

Saturday: Phoebe Bridgers/Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

Sunday: Fontaines D.C/Caribou/Big Thief

The only definites seem to be that Little Simz is headlining West Holts one day and Bicep are headlining West Holts on Sunday. People seem to be pretty sure Primal Scream and Charli XCX are 2 of the John Peel headliners and it seems the Park headliners could be anyone.

We also have info that Bonobo is subbing West Holts on Friday and Arlo Parks is subbing the Park either Friday or Sunday.

Thanks for this (been on hols so only just seen it)!

• 3 weeks later...

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals, Supergrass, Blossoms, First Aid Kit, Sleaford Mods, St. Vincent

West Holts: Four Tet, Bonobo, TLC, Seun Kuti Egypt 80, Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream, Sigrid, Roisin Murphy, girl in red, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Inhaler

Park: Phoebe Bridgers, Arlo Parks, Confidence Man, Black MIDI, Warmduscher, Wet Leg

Saturday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, HAIM, Kacey Musgraves, Phoebe Bridgers, Koffee

Other: Megan thee Stallion, Burna Boy, IDLES, Big Thief, Metronomy, ?, Skunk Anansie

West Holts: Little Simz, Leon Bridges, Joy Crookes, Celeste, TEMS, Gabriels

John Peel: Glass Animals, Mitski, Easy Life, Beabadoobee, Dry Cleaning, Ghetts

Park: Caribou, The Avalanches, Self Esteem, TBA (Paolo Nutini), JARV IS..., Squid, Sampa the Great

Sunday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross, Angelique Kidjo, Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Griff, Lianne La Havas

West Holts: Bicep, Jessie Ware, Nightmares on Wax, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia

John Peel: Charli XCX, Caroline Polachek, Turnstile, Amyl & The Sniffers, Yves Tumor, Rina Sawayama

Park: Fontaines D.C, Clairo, Holly Humberstone, Courtney Barnett, Cate Le Bon, Emma-Jean Thackray

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Sunday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, Elbow, Diana Ross, Angelique Kidjo, Herbie Hancock

Other: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years, Sam Fender, Declan McKenna, Griff, Lianne La Havas

West Holts: Bicep, Jessie Ware, Nightmares on Wax, Snarky Puppy, Nubya Garcia

John Peel: Charli XCX, Caroline Polachek, Turnstile, Amyl & The Sniffers, Yves Tumor, Rina Sawayama

Park: Fontaines D.C, Clairo, Holly Humberstone, Courtney Barnett, Cate Le Bon, Emma-Jean Thackray

That Sunday Pyramid would be phenomenal, far too good to be true 

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Wolf Alice, Olivia Rodrigo, Crowded House, Rufus Wainwright

Other: Foals, Supergrass, Blossoms, First Aid Kit, Sleaford Mods, St. Vincent

West Holts: Four Tet, Bonobo, TLC, Seun Kuti Egypt 80, Greentea Peng

John Peel: Primal Scream, Sigrid, Roisin Murphy, girl in red, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Inhaler

Park: Phoebe Bridgers, Arlo Parks, Confidence Man, Black MIDI, Warmduscher, Wet Leg

Literally the only three headliners (Phoebe/Billie/PS) I want to see on the same night, with all due respect NO THANK YOU 😃. Phoebe the obvious winner out of that lot, but slim pickings for me otherwise over the sat/sun night.

What are people’s thoughts on Jack White? Someone posted a couple of weeks ago saying they’d heard he was playing but I’ve not seen it mentioned much. I suppose he could do a secret set but I could see him being the Sunday Pyramid sub with Lorde as the Saturday Other headliner and Megan Thee Stallion 4th down Saturday Pyramid, which would fit what Matt was told about her playing.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Some acts can be placed literally anywhere. Roisin Murphy makes sense as both a park headliner and third down JP.

Didnt someone say Sigrid was third down JP? Am I misremembering?

Yeah Sigrid is JP but not headlining or subbing. The sort of thing we’d never have guessed until the full lineup came out.

14 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Literally the only three headliners (Phoebe/Billie/PS) I want to see on the same night, with all due respect NO THANK YOU 😃. Phoebe the obvious winner out of that lot, but slim pickings for me otherwise over the sat/sun night.

Whoops i meant to put Khruangbin as Friday Park headliner and Phoebe on Pyramid Saturday! My mistake!

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean that looks pretty spot on tbh with what we know. 

I guess there's room for Herbie Hancock/Angelique Kidjo to be swabbed round and maybe Doja subbing Kendrick rather than Lorde, but that's pronably about it.

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

What are people’s thoughts on Jack White? Someone posted a couple of weeks ago saying they’d heard he was playing but I’ve not seen it mentioned much. I suppose he could do a secret set but I could see him being the Sunday Pyramid sub with Lorde as the Saturday Other headliner and Megan Thee Stallion 4th down Saturday Pyramid, which would fit what Matt was told about her playing.

Yeah Sigrid is JP but not headlining or subbing. The sort of thing we’d never have guessed until the full lineup came out.

Ah OK for some reason i thought it was just that she was on JP and the third down thing was more just 'probably 3rd down'

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I guess there's room for Herbie Hancock/Angelique Kidjo to be swabbed round and maybe Doja subbing Kendrick rather than Lorde, but that's pronably about it.

Ah OK for some reason i thought it was just that she was on JP and the third down thing was more just 'probably 3rd down'

I went back and found the Sigrid info. She could be even lower but third down sounds about right if she's not playing above that. Definitely an odd one though.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:48 PM, sildante said:

I've just done the same thing as I can now see I've missed that has been mentioned already over the last page or two - apologies.

On the subject of Sigrid, also had info of her playing John Peel tent - not headlining or subbing so presumably third down. Seems like a crazy drop from her 2019 billing, but if it turns out to be accurate then it does seem like she is actually seeking lower/modest slots, which could be for a number of reasons.

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

He’s done a couple of secret sets at the festival already as well as subbing so either way wouldn’t surprise me tbh. Subbing Kendrick would be ace so I’m hoping for that, but could definitely see him doing a secret set on the Park and I’d try my best to be at that for sure. 

50 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Just see PS somewhere else. Not like they don't play everywhere all the time

21 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Trying to figure out what's a worse clash between Caribou/Glass Animals/Macca vs PSB/Bicep/Fontaines 

Absolutely brutal

There's going to be trouble if Macca and Caribou clash, are there good sources for Caribou headlining that day?

32 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Just see PS somewhere else. Not like they don't play everywhere all the time

We just had them pegged as the communal headliner for our group as I think we are going to be pretty disparate this year. I'll take Phoebe over anyone this year though, my one non-negotiable set of the weekend

37 minutes ago, Green Croc said:

Trying to figure out what's a worse clash between Caribou/Glass Animals/Macca vs PSB/Bicep/Fontaines 

Absolutely brutal

If The Park follow recent years and their Sunday headliner is on earlier you could probably do a Park headliner and then go on to see most of a headliner.