Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

So is the pyramid looking like…

Friday: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // ???

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Koffee // Easy Life

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // ??? // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band 

I don’t think Herbie will be 5th down, so I think someone before Diana may be TBA.

With what we know there’s space for at least two more acts on the pyramid. Also big up eavis for booking such a female fronted Pyramid stage. Goes to show how it’s possible to book a main stage with more female acts than male acts and it’s quality!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // ???

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Koffee // Easy Life

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // ??? // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band 

I don’t think Herbie will be 5th down, so I think someone before Diana may be TBA.

With what we know there’s space for at least two more acts on the pyramid. Also big up eavis for booking such a female fronted Pyramid stage. Goes to show how it’s possible to book a main stage with more female acts than male acts and it’s quality!

8 acts I'd potentially watch here, which is more than ever on the big one for me

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yep don’t think that’ll be a million miles away from what it is at all.  Maybe if we believe the Griff stuff then shift Herbie up and put Griff under him and then add a Ukrainian Act to open the pyramid and we’re done

* although I still think MTS will headline the other stage Saturday night

Edited by sisco

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably wouldn't visit El Pointo until Saturday evening with that lineup (might swing by Wolf Alice depending on clashes).

Would be there most of Sunday however.

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yep don’t think that’ll be a million miles away from what it is at all.  Maybe if we believe the Griff stuff then shift Herbie up and put Griff under him and then add a Ukrainian Act to open the pyramid and we’re done

Yeah Griff would probably slot in well before Diana.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

6 acts for me there I'd watch (clash dependant), this will be my first Glasto so I don't know if that's considered a lot or not very many?

Still reckon we can do better than Lorde as a sub too

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Probably wouldn't visit El Pointo until Saturday evening with that lineup (might swing by Wolf Alice depending on clashes).

Would be there most of Sunday however.

Me

Fri - Billie, Doja, Wolf Alice, Olivia 

Sat, Macca, HAIM, Megan, Kacey

Sun - Kendrick, Diana

That’s an awful lot of time for me to spend at the pyramid. 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

2 on each day for me. Good return that. 

On 3/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ddiamondd said:

A prediction like this by @Mattymooz would break my heart: https://clashfinder.com/s/glastoprediction2022/

Can't be waiting three years only to have Pa Salieu, Sigrid, Turnstile, Diana Ross, Snail Mail, Fontaines, Yves Tumor, Snarky Puppy and Squid all crunched within the same 4hrs.

Herbie vs Emma-Jean, Pheebs vs Polachek and O-Rod vs Seun Kuti vs PinkP bad enough as it is. Not right. Not right at all.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.28.png

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.33.png

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.45.37.png

That Park run of Wet Leg - Confidence Man - Yard Act...

<Chef's kiss>

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don't forget the Ukranian choir 

4 minutes ago, TheGChild said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but are we still expecting Doja Cat. She appears to be having a public meltdown repeatedly stating shes retiring from music.

Jog on then and lets have Paolo in your place.

This happened over a week ago and she’s played shows since. She’s also joking about the I quit thing and turning it into a brand.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Lorde into Kendrick feels a bit odd to me. I’ve no idea who’s doing what or why just from a scheduling point of view.  Is she even that big of a deal anymore?

I think she actually subbed him at Coachella 2017 back when he released "DAMN", but she was probably more hyped back then

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Seems a reasonable estimate at this stage. If this was it, I would probably be at Pyramid for 4-5 acts, with no visits on Sunday. So probably an average year for me in terms of visits to the big one.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Lorde into Kendrick feels a bit odd to me. I’ve no idea who’s doing what or why just from a scheduling point of view.  Is she even that big of a deal anymore?

I’m assuming she was booked before her new album flopped and as an easy switcheroo with the now absent Lana.