Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m assuming she was booked before her new album flopped and as an easy switcheroo with the now absent Lana.

That's my thinking too.

Despite Solar Power flopping hard she's still a pretty big deal and has two other albums' worth of bangers to make a Pyramid sub slot work.

You'd think they had picked a singer out of the local pub to sub the way some on here are talking...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m assuming she was booked before her new album flopped and as an easy switcheroo with the now absent Lana.

Sound logic. Fair enough.

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

That's my thinking too.

Despite Solar Power flopping hard she's still a pretty big deal and has two other albums' worth of bangers to make a Pyramid sub slot work.

You'd think they had picked a singer out of the local pub to sub the way some on here are talking...

I’ll be honest my finger is exactly on the pulse and I’m not sure it ever was. I remember that tune Royals being everywhere which is a nice enough song but not really fussed on her personally. Wasn’t aware she was held in such high regard.

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Sound logic. Fair enough.

I’ll be honest my finger is exactly on the pulse and I’m not sure it ever was. I remember that tune Royals being everywhere which is a nice enough song but not really fussed on her personally. Wasn’t aware she was held in such high regard.

Her second album, Melodrama, was critically adored. Which is probably why SP was such a huge let down.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Her second album, Melodrama, was critically adored. Which is probably why SP was such a huge let down.

Yes, Melodrama is literally a perfect pop album. It’s timeless. Improved on her first in pretty much every way possible. Should have won album of the year.

And that is why Solar Power stings.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yes, Melodrama is literally a perfect pop album. It’s timeless. Improved on her first in pretty much every way possible. Should have won album of the year.

And that is why Solar Power stings.

It won AOTY in a few places I recall. Pretty sure the NME gave it their award.

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Lorde into Kendrick feels a bit odd to me. I’ve no idea who’s doing what or why just from a scheduling point of view.  Is she even that big of a deal anymore?

Lorde went into Kendrick at Coachella 5 years ago. Thats not weird at all, and I didnt even find it strange back then. If you want strange try the day before with Bon Iver before Gaga. Which was supposed to be Bon Iver into Beyonce pre pregnancy.

Edited by Suprefan

55 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Lorde went into Kendrick at Coachella 5 years ago. Thats not weird at all, and I didnt even find it strange back then. If you want strange try the day before with Bon Iver before Gaga. Which was supposed to be Bon Iver into Beyonce pre pregnancy.

Yeah but that's a rap, hip hop, gangsters paradise now.

6 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Seems a reasonable estimate at this stage. If this was it, I would probably be at Pyramid for 4-5 acts, with no visits on Sunday. So probably an average year for me in terms of visits to the big one.

With this list it will be the least I’ve been at the Pyramid stage with only 2 on Friday and Saturday and 3 on Sunday. Look forward to exploring 

Didn't know which thread to put this one in but this one seems closest
been listening to Reef on Virgin Radio yesterday (they're a bit bloody good still, Stringer's voice has improved)

dead cert to play I presume, new album coming out - anywhere else they could realistically play apart from Avalon headline? Might be able to drag my friends to an earlier day slot, if not i'm going on my ones

On 3/31/2022 at 11:14 AM, Matt42 said:

So is the pyramid looking like…

Friday: Billie Eilish // Doja Cat // Wolf Alice // Olivia Rodrigo // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright // ???

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Megan Thee Stallion // Kacey Musgraves // Koffee // Easy Life

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar // Lorde // Elbow // Diana Ross // ??? // Herbie Hancock // Black Dyke Band 

I don’t think Herbie will be 5th down, so I think someone before Diana may be TBA.

With what we know there’s space for at least two more acts on the pyramid. Also big up eavis for booking such a female fronted Pyramid stage. Goes to show how it’s possible to book a main stage with more female acts than male acts and it’s quality!

Don't we have info that Paolo is Pyramid on Saturday?

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Didn't know which thread to put this one in but this one seems closest
been listening to Reef on Virgin Radio yesterday (they're a bit bloody good still, Stringer's voice has improved)

dead cert to play I presume, new album coming out - anywhere else they could realistically play apart from Avalon headline? Might be able to drag my friends to an earlier day slot, if not i'm going on my ones

That is great news for me. Been a big fan since the mini disc advert!

Saw them at the festival mid afternoon in WG in 2016, so imagine something similar. If they play late in the evening, they’re going to be up against some clashes so would prefer them earlier. Or late night somewhere. Not sure if they’d be playing Hell stage or similar but I’d be all over it.

Edited by maelzoid
Hit submit too early!