Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Worth remembering that most people expected IDLES to play higher than third down the Park Stage and they seem to be an act that are happy to take fairly modest slots and play everywhere.

Fontaines probably are a similar size to what IDLES were then, but that size is enough to play top two on the Park Stage.

1 hour ago, 1986 said:

a 1-2 of Bridgers and Fontaines or vice versa to close The Park on Friday or Saturday would be swell.

After missing the 10+ performances previously from Fontaines across the weekend i might make this one.

Only beaten by Frank Turner turning up in people's tents to play.

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Any thoughts on where Doja, Lorde and Mitski will be playing? Pyramid on all 3 or am I overestimated the Mitski pull?

The first two will be Pyramid but I don’t think Mitski will be. She’s quite a tricky one to place, could realistically end up mid-afternoon Other stage or high up JP or Park, maybe even a Park headliner.

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Worth remembering that most people expected IDLES to play higher than third down the Park Stage and they seem to be an act that are happy to take fairly modest slots and play everywhere.

Fontaines probably are a similar size to what IDLES were then, but that size is enough to play top two on the Park Stage.

Agree with this. I’d have thought Fontaine’s were going to be playing early evening other until I saw they were confirmed park. Especially with them having another album coming out soon. 
They’re so good live so I’ll more than likely be there wherever they play! 

4 minutes ago, Spiritdesire said:

Agree with this. I’d have thought Fontaine’s were going to be playing early evening other until I saw they were confirmed park. Especially with them having another album coming out soon. 
They’re so good live so I’ll more than likely be there wherever they play! 

They’re not confirmed for Park, by the way. If you’re looking at the rumours page on here, Neil has put most acts down for the stages they were playing in 2020, but for most of them we don’t actually know if they’re still going to be on that stage. Fontaines have grown in size since then so I think they could easily have been shunted up to the Other Stage.

2 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Fontaines had a similar strategy to IDLES in 2019 though. They must of played about 6 or 7 times over the weekend and they were already cemented as an up and coming band by then. They didn't have to do that. 

I can't speak for Fontaines advisors or PR team, but with Glastonbury being such a cultural phenomenon there's a real positive in playing slightly lower in the day with a bigger crowd (That 2019 IDLES set was all over telly and social media in the days and weeks following) then playing higher, having bigger clashes, and smaller crowd. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're happy to take that smaller slot - with the idea of cementing themselves on a bigger stage in the future. Being a friend of the festival has paid off for loads of bands (not least IDLES themselves, who will undoubtedly be playing a much higher slot this year). 

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re not confirmed for Park, by the way. If you’re looking at the rumours page on here, Neil has put most acts down for the stages they were playing in 2020, but for most of them we don’t actually know if they’re still going to be on that stage. Fontaines have grown in size since then so I think they could easily have been shunted up to the Other Stage.

Oh right thanks! I was just going off the rumours page and superscallys earlier post - I thought I’d just missed that there had been some sort of confirmation. 

On 3/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, Acid_Haze said:

Is there any info about this? I just know Bonobo's playing West Holts on Friday and he's much bigger than he was in 2014, playing 5 nights at the Royal Albert Hall in May and Glastonbury's his crowd, I think it'd be weird for him to sub Little Simz when he's bigger than her.

Little Simz already confirmed to headline west holts 

9 minutes ago, Bagger said:

Little Simz already confirmed to headline west holts 

But she isn't confirmed for Friday so could still easily be Bonobo / Simz / Bicep

Tbh I'm leaning more towards that trio. Been wondering why Simz would pull out of that French Fest - if it is to stay at Glasto then it makes more sense if she was playing Saturday imo (1 extra day is more likely then hanging around for 2 days for whatever is getting her to stick at G)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

But she isn't confirmed for Friday so could still easily be Bonobo / Simz / Bicep

Tbh I'm leaning more towards that trio. Been wondering why Simz would pull out of that French Fest - if it is to stay at Glasto then it makes more sense if she was playing Saturday imo (1 extra day is more likely then hanging around for 2 days for whatever is getting her to stick at G)

Headline WH Saturday, roll up with Kenny Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

We got told the other day by @Col!n (I think) that Bonobo is subbing.

I’m assuming something extra has come up for Simz at Glasto to make her stay for the Sunday.

The very last gig we attended pre-pandemic was Beak> at the Button Factory in Dublin, back in February 2020. My partner got speaking to them at their merch stand after the (brilliant) show, and Billy told said that they were playing Glastonbury that year, on the Park Stage. Maybe they will be rebooked, maybe they were taking the piss, guess we'll find out soon!

On 3/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, chazwwe said:

Outside of sub headlining the Other I can't see where else he would go, I very much doubt they'd put him against Macca. 

It’s all good,it doesn’t matter how big they are glasto is bigger they should be happy playing wherever and what ever stage, enjoy and I’ll see you all there 🤟🏻

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Oh that’s concerning for me, could they be a headliner (and therefore against Kendrick?) they were 3rd down on West Holts in 2017 and had a fairly successful album since then. 

They’re Saturday and Kenny is Sunday so you’re safe there. They’ll be subbing or third imo.