Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

@Tommy Dickfingers here's a quick catch-up.

It depends which side of the Wolf Alice factional warfare you're on, if you believe another two subs fall from the sky, and if you believe Sam Fender is going up in the world, but we're all roughly in this camp... give or take a few picks... sorta, maybe.

Friday

Pyramid: Billie, Wolf Alice | Other: Foals, Megan thee Stallion/Sam Fender | John Peel: Four Tet, Jessie Ware/Jesus & Mary Chain | West Holts: Little Simz, Burna Boy | Park: Phoebe Bridgers, Big Thief

Saturday

Pyramid: Macca, Noel | Other: Doja Cat, Glass Animals | John Peel: Charli XCX, Roísín Murphy | West Holts: Leon Bridges, Khruangbin | Park: Caribou, The Avalanches/Self Esteem

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick, Lorde (?) | Other: Pet Shop Boys, Years & Years | John Peel: Primal Scream, Fontaines D.C. | West Holts: Bicep, Nightmares on Wax | Park: Bonobo, ???

Cheers. Say I’d be in a minority of Friday being Jesus and Marychain into Little Simz. Saturday it’s gotta be Macca and Noel for me. Sunday be Kendrick and not so sure based off of that.

Think I’ll have a poke around who’s meant to be playing on what day during the afternoon start making a few tough choices.

Would have loved to have seen Khruangbin, The Avalanches, PSB and Bicep. Was well up for a Screamadelica set but if it’s a normal one I’ve seen PS shit loads.

5 hours ago, TownesMR said:

Will be spending the next 3 months stressed about the Kendrick/Bicep conflict. Kendrick comes to Canada pretty frequently and I've seen him twice, but headlining the Pyramid Stage is a whole different thing. Bicep have never come here and only really play NYC and LA when they come to this part of the world. Tricky decision.

Bicep are growing so fast I reckon they will be in Canada soon enough - so i'd go Kendrick. You won't get the crowd for Bicep in Canada/the US like you will here though I think

Friday

Pyramid: Billie Eilish // TBA // Elbow // Olivia Rodrigo // Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Other Stage: Foals // Wolf Alice // Supergrass // Blossoms

West Holts: Leon Bridges // Bonobo

John Peel: Primal Scream // St Vincent

Park: Phoebe Bridgers // First Aid Kit

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid 

Other: TBA // Megan Thee Stallion // Glass Animals // Fontaines D.C

West Holts: Little Simz // TLC

John Peel: Burna Boy // Ghetts

Park: Caribou // Khruangbin

Sunday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Doja Cat // Lorde // Diana Ross // Arlo Parks // Herbie Hancock

Other Stage: Pet Shop Boys // Years & Years // Sam Fender // Idles 

West Holts: Bicep // Nightmares on Wax

John Peel: Charli XCX // Jessie Ware

Park: Roisin Murphy // Courtney Barnett

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: Kacey Musgraves // Crowded House // Rufus Wainwright

Saturday

Pyramid:  HAIM // Robert Plant & Alison Krauss // Sigrid 

If we get a couple of back-to-back runs like that I will be very happy indeed. Those 6 are probably most of the top 10 things I'd like to see, so I'm all in on this one!

I know we all have different opinions on where acts will place and who is bigger etc etc

But......

Isn't is just fucking ace to be able to discuss all this with supreme confidence the festival is actually going ahead this year?!

Just over 3 months and we'll all be there, in the sun, cider in hand having the fucking time of our lives!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Seeing as we know a few stage times now (Celeste, Bicep, Sam Fender) it feels like it's about time that someone got a Clashfinder going (I'm not doing it)!

I got you

On 3/5/2022 at 11:07 PM, Mattymooz said:

We have nowhere near enough info to do one of these yet but oh well

https://clashfinder.com/s/glastoprediction2022

Been trying to update stuff as we get more info

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I got you

Been trying to update stuff as we get more info

Actually, looking at the clashfinder I'm really struggling to sort the West Holts lineup, there are too many big acts on that stage... Seun Kuti surely must be a sub, but also feel like if Leon Bridges is headlining then Khruangbin must be subbing them, and we already have a packed Sunday lineup, so just a bit confused...

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Actually, looking at the clashfinder I'm really struggling to sort the West Holts lineup, there are too many big acts on that stage... Seun Kuti surely must be a sub, but also feel like if Leon Bridges is headlining then Khruangbin must be subbing them, and we already have a packed Sunday lineup, so just a bit confused...

Definitely a tough one to nail down. At the moment I'm thinking something like this but I can see the logic in the clashfinder order too:

Bonobo / TLC / Koffee / Seun Kuti
Little Simz / Leon Bridges / Ghetts / Celeste
Bicep / Angelique Kidjo / Snarky Puppy / Nightmares On Wax

36 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'll be shocked if Wolf Alice are Other sub. They feel like the sort of act Glastonbury would give a Pyramid sub slot to. 

If it weren't for Foals, I'd be expecting them to headline the Other stage. 

I wouldn’t be - Sam fender is playing third down other and Wolf Alice will have less experience of big slots like that than he does. With a big Finsbury Park date to add too.

Edited by Matt42

35 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I'll be shocked if Wolf Alice are Other sub. They feel like the sort of act Glastonbury would give a Pyramid sub slot to. 

If it weren't for Foals, I'd be expecting them to headline the Other stage. 

Couldn't agree more. I think people have got a perception coming from the R&L lineup where over 2 stages they're technically 3rd meaning they can't be pyramid sub sized - but realistically they're subbing Arctic Monkeys (who are probably R&L's biggest headline pull for years) and I think they'll have a massive crowd there