Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

Takeaways from these

- Wolf Alice are absolutely not subbing the pyramid. 

- Megan The Stallion about an other sub works now. Highly doubt Glass Animals are headlining that stage either.

- Florence and the machine has a new album coming and 0 UK summer dates. What gives?

CDC47FD1-DC39-453D-84B8-C378CB62494D.png

B0236BBD-460D-46EE-8762-CEBCAD7CCBA3.jpeg

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Decent.  Could very well be complete looking at that and the poster. 

For some reason I thought we knew Crowded House were Sunday

I thought they were Sunday too but someone said they’d be doing a shit tonne of gigs in a row if they were so I put them on Friday as they are booked up Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I thought they were Sunday too but someone said they’d be doing a shit tonne of gigs in a row if they were so I put them on Friday as they are booked up Saturday. 

Yep just looked.  Have Sat, Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs all booked.  Friday makes much more sense 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Takeaways from these

- Wolf Alice are absolutely not subbing the pyramid. 

- Megan The Stallion about an other sub works now. Highly doubt Glass Animals are headlining that stage either.

- Florence and the machine has a new album coming and 0 UK summer dates. What gives?

I can see Glass Animals > Megan > Other Stage headliner on Saturday working quite well. If not, maybe sub headlining John Peel stage for Glass Animals? 

I still think a lot of acts (sam fender included) were booked way before they started getting bigger and there will be some shifts in the line up because of this

As for Florance, I genuinely have no idea. Maybe they wanted to test the new stuff out on tour and do festivals next year? I imagine they'll do a TBA on The Park. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

I can see Glass Animals > Megan > Other Stage headliner on Saturday working quite well. If not, maybe sub headlining John Peel stage for Glass Animals? 

I still think a lot of acts (sam fender included) were booked way before they started getting bigger and there will be some shifts in the line up because of this

As for Florance, I genuinely have no idea. Maybe they wanted to test the new stuff out on tour and do festivals next year? I imagine they'll do a TBA on The Park. 

I reckon we’ve got a fair bit of the lineup missing.

Potentially a pyramid sub, an other headline, and some special guests to boot.

It’s going to be a cracking year. Strap in.

• Like 1

@chazwwedoesnt explain why Florence is doing Europe festivals and none in the UK tho. Many of these were booked 5/6months ago. She has been available to book. Makes me think she does have something booked (hence why she’s nowhere else).

Her own gigs makes little sense because surely they would have been up on sale by now? Summers 3 months away.

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still working through the TBA's but this is my current stab at it 

image.thumb.png.435632a10e09080516e7d21bfd270690.png

image.thumb.png.f919e198752704e2ba2594a336880e5b.png

image.thumb.png.a67c65da682f1619bcd975f53d2d6508.png

An act not subbing electric picnic is not subbing the pyramid  I am casting this spell until ppl stop.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

If we accept Matts premise that there could be a Pyramid sub and an Other headliner left to join the line-up, could one of them be Royal Blood, or have they been ruled out?

If we didn’t have that user saying they weren’t playing I would be open to it

Flo as a sub. Harry as a special guest on the pyramid a la Aerosmith, and The Prodigy headlining the other on the Saturday would be some GOAT stuff.

Coincidentally the news of Aerosmith dabbing down and Harry coming in came at the same ish time.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

An act not subbing electric picnic is not subbing the pyramid  I am casting this spell until ppl stop.

Buzzing for Dermot Kennedy as the missing sub then. Obviously she was a bump up but looks like Christine & the Queens didn't sub Electric Picnic in 2019 while they were an Other stage headliner and Foals were in the same batch of names as Wolf Alice on the 2020 poster, so there is precedent for Glastonbury/Electric Picnic not always matching up. 

Royal Blood seem to be promoting their UK tour quite a lot at the moment so that could be a reason for leaving them off the poster but as you say, we've had info that they're probably not playing. It's still a bit odd that they haven't been announced for any UK festivals though.  

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah, it makes no sense. I figured EP was a fairly likely option and didn't think Wilderness was entirely out of the question.

Of the festivals that are keeping their lineup under wraps - Boomtown doesn't seem to fit stylistically at all. SGP certainly does (and there's history) but seems a bit small for anything other than a "just because I want to do it" type deal, in much the same way that a Park or JP special guest slot at Glastonbury would be.

My best guess is that a late Summer or Autumn arena tour is coming?

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Put your wand away.

Glastonbury might want to be giving a leg up to Wolf Alice and might of put them in this spot awhile ago, I very much doubt when Glastonbury were booking their acts they knew all the others places they were booked to play and positions. 

Beyoncé sub headlined T in The Park when she headlined Glastonbury 2 weeks before. 

While I agree with you, i dont think they'll sub, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Buzzing for Dermot Kennedy as the missing sub then. Obviously she was a bump up but looks like Christine & the Queens didn't sub Electric Picnic in 2019 while they were an Other stage headliner and Foals were in the same batch of names as Wolf Alice on the 2020 poster, so there is precedent for Glastonbury/Electric Picnic not always matching up. 

Royal Blood seem to be promoting their UK tour quite a lot at the moment so that could be a reason for leaving them off the poster but as you say, we've had info that they're probably not playing. It's still a bit odd that they haven't been announced for any UK festivals though.  

Christine was a bump up because they lost the prodigy - she was also headlining APE that year.

2019 was a rough year for cancellations so it’s not a surprise that the lineup didn’t make much sense.