Glasto 21 DEFFO ON says lawyer

blutarsky

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

An interesting footnote...

In addition to addressing the viability of future festivals, the government will also address how festivals might be supported to reduce environmental impact and illegal drug use.

Easiest way for the government to reduce illegal drug use, make them legal

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

An interesting footnote...

In addition to addressing the viability of future festivals, the government will also address how festivals might be supported to reduce environmental impact and illegal drug use.

Would like to see The Loop at many more events sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, incident said:

The Government are now saying the order was increased to 40m doses, but two doses are required - so assuming no spoilage and everyone turning up for their second shot, then it's enough for 20 million people.

This graphic from The Pharmaceutical Journal shows the state of play (before this weeks news) quite well - basically Pfizer combined with the expected positive results from Oxford in the next few weeks should be more than enough to cover the entire population.

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/pictures/2000x1300fit/P/web/x/m/s/COVID-Vaccine-graphic.jpg

At first I thought that was a Clashfinder  - and The Vaccines were playing most stages and most days 

On 11/10/2020 at 4:34 PM, yehbutnobut said:

Had this thought yesterday following the news. I mean I'm no anti-vaxxing, tin hat wearing flat earther by any stretch of the imagination, but how quickly they've turned this around in relation to passed vaccines trials etc, it has raised some of my own concerns on the long-term safety of it.  Heard on the radio this morn that a poll carried out for those that would vs wouldn't was an apx 65/35% split, not sure how large or where the sample was taken mind, but I know i'm not the only one with reservations.

My partner who works for the Ambulance Service is convinced the vaccine contains a miniature 5 G tracking device that the Government , Amazon & Google etc will have access to.

I am more worried i will grow boobs and get a huge Ed Sheeran tattoo ! 

15 minutes ago, ivan said:

My partner who works for the Ambulance Service is convinced the vaccine contains a miniature 5 G tracking device that the Government , Amazon & Google etc will have access to.

I am more worried i will grow boobs and get a huge Ed Sheeran tattoo ! 

Even if you accept the logic that it is true, what would be the point in them tracking people? They'd know about my trips to Tesco?

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Even if you accept the logic that it is true, what would be the point in them tracking people? They'd know about my trips to Tesco?

No more powerful than that.  If a Government want to suppress the people they can do it remotely .  If millions of Americans fail to vote at the next election because they felt unwell and stopped in bed and  the conspiracy theorists would have a field day.

”Mr President you will lose Ohio if you do not activate STAY IN BED mode to this list of people “ 

Personally I don’t think the Goverments of the world have put a device in the vaccine , but plenty will especially now the technology maybe here and it could be the one chance bearing in mind it will be the biggest single vaccination ever for the population .

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Most of the people who are paranoid about being tracked seem oblivious to the irony of them having an iPhone in their pocket.

Edited by rivalschools.price

12 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

They've had to pull out of a few festivals recently, something to do with new clarifications on the law. I think the specific legalities depend on the legal advice the local commissioner has received. 

You need a very specific license for handling drugs, and the home office don’t really care about stopping people dying so they don’t hand them out very readily. I think last year they missed a few events because they didn’t get it in time. 

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

Emily isn’t putting that out there if she’s not at least 90% confident. confidence levels may fluctuate moving forward, but clearly right now they’re thinking it’s on.

Well there’s a roadmap to holding the festival as close to normal as possible. It all looks really great.

Without getting ahead of ourselves, it could just be a 'cheer up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel' type tweet, as opposed to a 'it's on' tweet.

A lot of hopeful projection going on here (which I can understand).

Edited by Copperface

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

I know he was booked for the OS headline, but it'd be an absolute party if they stuck Fatboy on the Pyramid before Kenny/Macca/whoever tbh.

I'm amazed it hasn't happened before at that sort of time - he could still go off and headline one of the dance tents or something but like you say it would be an amazing party. The lights at sunset/dusk would really work 

Edited by efcfanwirral