Phoebe fucking Bridgers

jparx

4 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

Yeah I think Punisher coming out during 2020 apocalypse and also when my headspace wasn’t great made it quite poignant and apt for the time. 

One million percent. Unsure if I’d have been as big a fan, or even entertained otherwise. But that album had a huge impact at the time given the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

One million percent. Unsure if I’d have been as big a fan, or even entertained otherwise. But that album had a huge impact at the time given the circumstances.

I think this is why they need to move her to a bigger stage, the amount of men now more in touch with their feelings bawling their eyes out is a health and safety nightmare… we have only got ourselves to blame for the period of lockdown self reflection and growth soundtracked by Phoebe’s lyrics

On 4/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, Little Andy said:

I'm thinking this artist may be up my street - what album would be best to try, in regards to quality and what she's likely to play at Glastonbury? A quick google implies her latest, Punisher, is popular?

Only 1 day after trying out Phoebe, I'm loving it. Along with Holly Humberstone and Caoilfhionn Rose, one of the top artists I've discovered from @Brave Sir Robin's Glastonbury Spotify playlist, so thank you.

PFB rapidly approaching must-see status for me. Forgive my not having read back into the thread much, but where do we think? Park headline? That would be fab for me, I'd even forgo Macca for her. But I'd prefer not Sunday as I my gang will almost certainly have a big get together set for Bicep. 

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

PFB rapidly approaching must-see status for me. Forgive my not having read back into the thread much, but where do we think? Park headline? That would be fab for me, I'd even forgo Macca for her. But I'd prefer not Sunday as I my gang will almost certainly have a big get together set for Bicep. 

Ben

She can't be Sunday.

Saturday makes the most sense for her tour dates, and Friday is also possible.

Park Headline does seem the obvious choice - and if she is Friday then that's perfect for me as all otherwise the options are looking woeful. But yeah, fully expecting her to be up against Macca unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

She can't be Sunday.

Park Headline does seem the obvious choice - and if she is Friday then that's perfect for me as all otherwise the options are looking woeful. But yeah, fully expecting her to be up against Macca unfortunately.

Who else is Friday? Billie, some talk of Four Tet on WH, but I just can't see them having two full on electronic headliners out of three. Surely FT is JPT headliner...?

Ben

We thought Caribou was the Saturday Park headliner in 2020 and he’s back for Saturday this year, so I reckon that will carry over. A Friday Park headline set would be fantastic but would lead to big clashes that night for me, so I’m hoping for an earlier set on a bigger stage on Saturday. She’d still no doubt clash with someone but it tends to be less of an issue late afternoon.

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Who else is Friday? Billie, some talk of Four Tet on WH, but I just can't see them having two full on electronic headliners out of three. Surely FT is JPT headliner...?

Ben

Foals on Other and Primal Scream are on JPT are two that we're pretty confident on.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, nikkic said:

Really hope some tickets for her Brixton gigs pop up, didn't think I could go so didn't bag at the time, but I'm now available.

HMU if anybody on here has any spares. 

Twickets will sort you nearer the time - with a few nights there'll be plenty in the opposite boat to you!  

2 hours ago, incident said:

She can't be Sunday.

Friday would be incredible- not taken by any of the other headliners