Phoebe fucking Bridgers

jparx

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of shade getting thrown towards Phoebe on twitter etc about the obvious pre-planned guitar smashing (or attempt to, anyway 😅) with added sparking amp.

I’m firmly in the ‘fuck it, she’s on SNL so let her live her rockstar fantasies out in the cheesiest way she sees fit’ camp.

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

A lot of shade getting thrown towards Phoebe on twitter etc about the obvious pre-planned guitar smashing (or attempt to, anyway 😅) with added sparking amp.

I’m firmly in the ‘fuck it, she’s on SNL so let her live her rockstar fantasies out in the cheesiest way she sees fit’ camp.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that people who moan about shit on Twitter tend to be idiots. 

Queen Pheebs can do what the F she wants!

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why does she always dress as a skellington?

Cause it was the album art? The story as to how it even came to that was when the first photo shoot for the Punisher cover happened she was dressed up and didnt like how it turned out. Then she went back and wore the skeleton suit and really liked it. Plus had previously worn it at a halloween show anyway.

but yeah, the money thing doesnt hurt. Everyone can buy her version and your ass can say Phoebe Bridgers.

its just a shame that this wouldve ended up being a post Grammy win victory lap if they had gone on last week.

On 07/02/2021 at 10:16 AM, FloorFiller said:

Thoughts?

Thoughts: 

Not very COVID safe, especially the fucking brass. Jesus, who thought that was a good idea? 

Poor guitar smashing. Understand the physicality of it, so don't pick a heavy guitar. Use an SG or summat. 

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Thoughts: 

Not very COVID safe, especially the fucking brass. Jesus, who thought that was a good idea? 

Poor guitar smashing. Understand the physicality of it, so don't pick a heavy guitar. Use an SG or summat. 

She prefers cheap guitars, whats the big deal. And the audience is not that close to the stage, plus they were masked and everyones tested. Phoebe even posted a video of her getting tested mere hours before the airing. So whats your gripe? Oh wait, a female did it. You sure youre not  david crosby in disguise?

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

She prefers cheap guitars, whats the big deal. And the audience is not that close to the stage, plus they were masked and everyones tested. Phoebe even posted a video of her getting tested mere hours before the airing. So whats your gripe? Oh wait, a female did it. You sure youre not  david crosby in disguise?

It was a joke you tool.

The SNL videos have won me over, and I'll have to go back and re-listen to Punisher again which didn't do much for me on first listen, to be honest.

The guitar smashing bit was a bit weird. I mean who cares, but I couldn't really pair her lovely smile with smashing the fuck out of her guitar, then following it up by giving someone a hug.

Edited by kalifire

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Pretty common, no?

Aye but she’s a woman so of course the boomer side of the internet had something to say about it.

Tbh I think the majority of the ‘outrage’ came from one guy on Twitter and the comments on his post and then the rest of the internet taking the piss out of it and turning it in to something bigger than it was.

Either way, it’s assured her a shit ton more limelight than a SNL performance usually would, so go Phoebe!

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

- The guitar smashing was a funny idea but pretty lame in execution, and is now overshadowing her performance. A rare miss

I find it quite funny that she asked the guitar company for permission to smash their guitar on SNL and then barely even left a dent in it after like five of her best swings. Should’ve given that thing a few pre-show notches to weaken it a bit.