Phoebe fucking Bridgers

jparx

39 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Marshall Vore and Ruby Rain Henley. Marshall co-wrote half of Phoebe’s debut album and then was on drums for the majority of Punisher. I think he used to tour with her too but can’t remember. 

Don’t know anything about Ruby other than she’s Marshall’s girlfriend and they record together! 

Still tours with Phoebe - he's also her ex. ICU was written about him (and with him).

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Best album of 2019 IMO. Sadly I suspect there won't be a 2nd BOCC album, due to Phoebe's huge fame now.

Wouldn't rule it out. They're bezzie mates and Oberst is one of Feebs' idols 

I’ve gone full 360 on her placing now… convinced she’ll be headlining on the park

• Emily’s stage so will have some favouritism, down to play it 2020
  • A few of the potential Park headliners filtering through as on other stages
  • maybe she isn’t sooo big outside of the bubble? Playing third down on the coachella second stage which is effectively a hometown gig
  • It’s my birthday on the Friday and I want to celebrate it crying my eyes out to I Know the End last thing on the park stage

ok so it’s mostly hoping for the last one but I’ve convinced myself that Emily will want the moment on the park.

Saying that I have day tickets to latitude and a couple of the Brixton nights so I’ll survive but still hope it’s not a dross mid/ late afternoon Other placing… needs the atmosphere!

Edited by mjfiddy

2 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

I’ve gone full 360 on her placing now… convinced she’ll be headlining on the park

• Emily’s stage so will have some favouritism, down to play it 2020
  • A few of the potential Park headliners filtering through as on other stages
  • maybe she isn’t sooo big outside of the bubble? Playing third down on the coachella second stage which is effectively a hometown gig
  • It’s my birthday on the Friday and I want to celebrate it crying my eyes out to I Know the End last thing on the park stage

ok so it’s mostly hoping for the last one but I’ve convinced myself that Emily will want the moment on the park.

Saying that I have day tickets to latitude and a couple of the Brixton nights so I’ll survive but still hope it’s not a dross mid/ late afternoon Other placing… needs the atmosphere!

Providing she's not up against Sir Paul on Saturday!

15 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Is subbing the Other stage, like PJ Harvey in 2016 too high a slot?

Could well be overestimating her size as a fan but think she’d work well with the sun setting

4 sold out nights at Brixton Academy. I think she'll headline The Park and to a large crowd and it'll be a great set.

Just watching her Coachella set now and selfishly want her on The Other late afternoon, would miss a fair few people for her. 

I also imagine Arlo will show up as she did at Coachella. Its gonna suck so much missing her. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

4 sold out nights at Brixton Academy. I think she'll headline The Park and to a large crowd and it'll be a great set.

Just watching her Coachella set now and selfishly want her on The Other late afternoon, would miss a fair few people for her. 

I also imagine Arlo will show up as she did at Coachella. Its gonna suck so much missing her. 

That Coachella set was brilliant. I Know The End could be a real glasto moment

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I definitely agree that she could headline The Park... on another note that's the reason I see IDLES placing higher than the predictions are putting them.

I definitely want to catch Pheobe at Glastonbury, a Park headline set on the Friday would be great (currently). I just feel her music would go down better with a crowd there just to see her, rather than being 'lost' mid Other - if that makes sense! 

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

That Coachella set was brilliant. I Know The End could be a real glasto moment

Lived the last two years of life for that moment. 🤞

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I just feel her music would go down better with a crowd there just to see her, rather than being 'lost' mid Other - if that makes sense!

Could not agree more

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I definitely agree that she could headline The Park... on another note that's the reason I see IDLES placing higher than the predictions are putting them.

I definitely want to catch Pheobe at Glastonbury, a Park headline set on the Friday would be great (currently). I just feel her music would go down better with a crowd there just to see her, rather than being 'lost' mid Other - if that makes sense! 

I completely agree, plus with a headline slot would mean a bit more of a stage show, plus it looks a lot better in the dark. 

10 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

Good work everyone, I’m back completely confident on the park headline and not a dross afternoon other stage…

stick her on Saturday against Macca and no crowd worries 👀

Absolute goosebumps watching Coachella set this morning. That atmosphere and stage show is begging for Park headline slot.

I know she’s too big for it in fairness which is why I’m convinced they’re going to offset that problem by having the Macca/Phoebe clash.

Only hope of it not happening is Macca will invite her out to do ‘Seize the Day’

11 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Finished watching her Coachella set. I Know The End was great.

What's her peak? She's clearly grown and grown over the past 2 years, if her 3rd album does as well as the most recent then I think she'll be up pretty high next time she's at the festival. 

If she gets a crossover hit I can see her taking some slightly bigger slots, but I think she’s a bit away from being a sub or third down main sorta booking.

Think she could come back as an other sub in a few years. 

24 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Imagine hearing Phoebe play Graceland Too live and not crying. Imagine.

Arcadia down the hill is going to be a swamp by the end of her set by the sounds of it!

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Arcadia down the hill is going to be a swamp by the end of her set by the sounds of it!

I think this is why we won’t get the dream full Sad Girl Indie day all day on the park - too much of a flood risk…

She’s in Glasgow on the 23rd which surely rules out an earlier Friday set somewhere, might be the Saturday after all.

let’s not open the can of worms that her website still says 24-25 👀 😬

if she is playing Friday I do think there’s a decent chance she’s on Macca’s long list to bring out