BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Just now, sedra said:

Replicate an indoor venue 😀

lots to choose from - hang flashing fairy lights from the ceiling, set up a tent in the living room, or a picnic rug or chair. Lots of beer. Paint a rubbish bin. Make a flag. 

well the chair and strobe lights are ready to go ..... i suppose ive got a ribbon tower and pyramid knocking about and cider organised ...... picnic blanket to step on might be useful as I change venues on the tv .....  fancy dress ready to go .... Think we should have a live stream thread of whats happening on here .... meeting venues for each stage ... 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

fill your bathroom with compost and then sit in the shower with your waterproof on... relive those rainy years.

obviously a slight clean up afterwards...

Those with Gardens can relive the rainy years .... if its sunny I might turn on my shower for the rain sound effects whilst listening to it from another room .... and wondering if its safe to head out ....

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Those with Gardens can relive the rainy years .... if its sunny I might turn on my shower for the rain sound effects whilst listening to it from another room .... and wondering if its safe to head out ....

I’ve already started checking the weather for our wee town for the festival days. So far it’s showery on Wednesday but then cloudy and dry for the rest of the time. Since we were doing Worthy View this year I will demand that my son comes round to pre erect the tent for us. Watching the coverage will really be bittersweet. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve already started checking the weather for our wee town for the festival days. So far it’s showery on Wednesday but then cloudy and dry for the rest of the time. Since we were doing Worthy View this year I will demand that my son comes round to pre erect the tent for us. Watching the coverage will really be bittersweet. 

in true style maybe I should get dustys daughter over to do mine .... but actually think my dodgy back is going to have a year extra recovery :) 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You'll have to build a little mound to replicate the hill! 

It's an odd for me as I didn't have tickets but I like to think I would have... I'm glad we're all safe, which is the main thing, but I will undoubtedly miss being on the farm. 

11 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

You'll have to build a little mound to replicate the hill! 

It's an odd for me as I didn't have tickets but I like to think I would have... I'm glad we're all safe, which is the main thing, but I will undoubtedly miss being on the farm. 

Don’t know about building a mound but just realised that I might experience the first every Glastonbury to be plagued by the curse of the Scottish midge! 

3D536FA1-CAE7-4985-89D5-61F6E76B2289.thumb.jpeg.dde5b99480964cad031c437d741e2db1.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Thursday BBC4

Screenshot_20200614-141347_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5b232908912170765247af48903b48e6.jpg

Friday BBC2

Screenshot_20200614-140302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0c536fbca8ab545cd21cacaeb1d6d92.jpg

Friday BBC4

Screenshot_20200614-140457_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1d0365abbbf964058cf1696267ed8c4e.jpg

Hurray! I loved that 2003 Arthur Lee performance, it was nice and sunny too! In fact 2003 Saturday lineups were great, I saw:

Ozomatli, then Jimmy Cliff, then Love with Arthur Lee, then the Flaming Lips, then Radiohead, all the while bathed in sunshine!

1 minute ago, reflekting said:

That Elbow set should be emotional. Was my first Glastonbury that year, the sunset during Elbow was the moment I fell in love with the place. 

It was the set that literally changed my perspective of my past unhappy married life. Can't wait. Bit of the Stones, Elbow then Beyoncé set which I missed. Great start auntie Beeb.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’ll inevitably get side tracked by something good on the radio in the kitchen.

And on your way back to the living room everyone will tell you that you’ve just missed something incredible. 😁

i still think the whole weekend will be bittersweet, three days of mixed emotions, highs and lows thinking that all there is on the farm are the cows, the pyramid skeleton and a few other festival installations.  

Then it’s onwards to 2021!👍

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And on your way back to the living room everyone will tell you that you’ve just missed something incredible. 😁

i still think the whole weekend will be bittersweet, three days of mixed emotions, highs and lows thinking that all there is on the farm are the cows, the pyramid skeleton and a few other festival installations.  

This.

I'm gonna make the most of it like everyone else but I do think I'm do lots of crying!! It's going to be emotional 

Only 374 days to go tho :) 

43 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I just want to get past the end of June now,  no more torturing ourselves over what might have been and on to focusing on 2021.

50 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Then it’s onwards to the October resale!👍

☝️

• Upvote 2