BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Absolutely nothing. Mrs c had a similar wee moment watching vampire weekend, it's about remembering the occasion, how you felt at the time, how happy you were,  rather that just the band. Especially when the crowd are pictured. You remember the flags, where you stood , who was next to you.  

I do my best to remember those things :) 

Ive run out of reactions for today!! I’m now crying reading the posts! 
ive got a FaceTime session with my Glastonbury south east corner stewarding team! Defo not going to get through tht without crying! 
need to practise the spot the flag skills for when watching the different sets play in 3 weeks!! 😢🌈  such great memories!! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

Just watched Mr Brightside again with Johnny Marr and started crying. Fcks sake whats wrong with me.

The Mr. Brightside crowd video from the John Peel in '17 always stirs me.

I'm not a big Killers fan - but the outpouring and the energy in that tent that afternoon was quite something. I was going through a bit at the time too, so it's reminds me of the escapism of Glastonbury and the joy of those five days.

This is the video: 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm not a big Killers fan - but the outpouring and the energy in that tent that afternoon was quite something. I was going through a bit at the time too, so it's reminds me of the escapism of Glastonbury and the joy of those five days.

This is the video: 

Love that video, filmed about 6 foot away from where I was. I can pinpoint this due to the shoulder mounted girl who blocked my view frequently throughout the set :D . But what a gig that was, the "I NEVER!" bits at the end of this are probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Love that video, filmed about 6 foot away from where I was. I can pinpoint this due to the shoulder mounted girl who blocked my view frequently throughout the set :D . But what a gig that was, the "I NEVER!" bits at the end of this are probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd.

I knew you'd seen this when I saw Twitter! Yeah it was filmed really close to me, I must be in it somewhere - I was a row or two behind the cluster of flags!

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

This is the video: 

Was desperate to get and see them in the JP for that gig  but it was rammed and stewards stopped us getting near it. So I was glad they headlined last year!  We flew to NZ later that year and I must have watched that performance ten times on the journey, it was on the in flight entertainment ! 

5 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I knew you'd seen this when I saw Twitter! Yeah it was filmed really close to me, I must be in it somewhere - I was a row or two behind the cluster of flags!

I think that's my hat...

Screenshot_20200606-172513_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7b8d47e765ad3ba9245ad84b8250946e.jpg

On 6/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Was desperate to get and see them in the JP for that gig  but it was rammed and stewards stopped us getting near it. So I was glad they headlined last year!  We flew to NZ later that year and I must have watched that performance ten times on the journey, it was on the in flight entertainment ! 

Really had to get there for Franks Carter all you had no chance of a decent spot

On 6/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Annoyed with myself for missing this. Was on my way over to the JP nice and early when I decided to grab a pint thinking that the JP bar would be packed. Saw somebody I knew in the bar queue and we chatted for 10-15 mins before heading our separate ways. Got to the JP field just as the stewards were closing the gate so couldn’t get in!

In fairness Chic more than made up for missing out.

Edited by Hugh Jass

On 6/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, dotdash79 said:

They have made over 1300 clips available online https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx/clips.

They aren't pagacked up to make them easy to download, but I have managed to extract all the program links and created the get _iplay commands for them all.

If people want a copy of all the links then let me know.

That would be great if you could pass them on please

On 6/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, dotdash79 said:

They have made over 1300 clips available online https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx/clips.

They aren't pagacked up to make them easy to download, but I have managed to extract all the program links and created the get _iplay commands for them all.

If people want a copy of all the links then let me know.

Oooh yes please - PM me?

For the sake of those of who are a little less techy, or used to searching for Glasto vids online can I just try and get my head around the options  beyond the selection the BCC advertised which will be on i-player.  

There are loads of clips on those bbc links (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08g1ppj)  but not necessarily full sets for lots of great stuff which we know the BBC have? There are some random sets live in different places like the Stones one on facebook.. and there are also torrent sites where you can download a far higher number of things. I've never really used torrent downloads but this is pretty simple? 

The get_iplayer codes is so you can download the sets which are on iPlayer? Am I missing anything? Please and thank you.

Yes the get iplayer links is for an application called get iplayer https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer it allows you to download the videos from the BBC iPlayer. 

The links I'm sharing are for the shorter clips.

If you want to download any set that's currently available then install the app and run get_iplayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007r6vx --pid-recursive. Some sets from last year are available still.