BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

14 hours ago, DJL said:

For the sake of those of who are a little less techy, or used to searching for Glasto vids online can I just try and get my head around the options  beyond the selection the BCC advertised which will be on i-player.  

There are loads of clips on those bbc links (https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08g1ppj)  but not necessarily full sets for lots of great stuff which we know the BBC have? There are some random sets live in different places like the Stones one on facebook.. and there are also torrent sites where you can download a far higher number of things. I've never really used torrent downloads but this is pretty simple? 

The get_iplayer codes is so you can download the sets which are on iPlayer? Am I missing anything? Please and thank you.

I've not had much luck with torrents myself. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places but most of what I've found isn't actively being shared any more so the downloads rarely start never mind actually complete!

Youtube has a decent selection of old sets. Most are BBC broadcasts that people captured at the time and uploaded but the quality can bit a little hit and miss. Some of it is far from HD either because the the set wasn't ever broadcast in HD to start with or whoever captured it was using low resolution kit at the time 

If you don't mind audio only both Mixcloud and Soundcloud have a selection of DJ sets from Arcadia, Shangri La and other parts of the site that won't have been on BBC TV.

I'm guessing copyright issues are stopping the BBC from just letting us go at their full archive so we're probably only getting 2019 for now and the 'Glastonbury Experience' line-up (https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evrj6q/artists/by/a-z) broadcast over the weekend itself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I noticed efestivals being linked on some of the BBC pages

are they old pages? I know they linked quite a lot years ago. I'm not aware of more recent links.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

are they old pages? I know they linked quite a lot years ago. I'm not aware of more recent links.

I’ve found a lot of the BBC Glastonbury pages to have old links and clips that no longer play (especially the ones from the 1990s) needs a bit of a sort out! 

Can I be really thick and ask how this is going to work? Are they showing sets at specific times or is it all just going to be up there at once so you pick and choose? Kind of like you do with the highlights after the festival? When does it all go live? For some reason I'm struggling to find any info on the site, although I haven't yet watched the advert...

Will be up for this I think, with a few ciders. Weird one for me as I never had a ticket and didn't think I'd be going this year, but it will be very emotional especially given all that's gone down these past few months.

41 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can I be really thick and ask how this is going to work? Are they showing sets at specific times or is it all just going to be up there at once so you pick and choose? Kind of like you do with the highlights after the festival? When does it all go live? For some reason I'm struggling to find any info on the site, although I haven't yet watched the advert...

Will be up for this I think, with a few ciders. Weird one for me as I never had a ticket and didn't think I'd be going this year, but it will be very emotional especially given all that's gone down these past few months.

From what I can gather the iPlayer will have a dedicated Glastonbury channel between Thursday and Monday. This will take the form of one continuous stream - what you would see on the red button - and all the aforementioned sets/highlights on demand.

That's my understanding of it.

10 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

From what I can gather the iPlayer will have a dedicated Glastonbury channel between Thursday and Monday. This will take the form of one continuous stream - what you would see on the red button - and all the aforementioned sets/highlights on demand.

That's my understanding of it.

Cool thank you! Just been looking through the line-up. Excited for Cave, Bowie, REM and Blur especially. Oh and Beyonce and Jay Z. I'm going to be a wreck.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watching the IOW highlights at the moment, doesn’t have increase the festival withdrawal symptoms, God knows how I will feel in a few weeks watching the Glastonbury coverage,, sitting in a tent in the garden! 

you lucky buggars with Gardens ... ive got a Gravel courtyard shared with neighbours .... so its a party for one in my flat for 5 days .... not really sure what else I can do to give it the effect .... and no im not sleeping on my floor !!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

you lucky buggars with Gardens ... ive got a Gravel courtyard shared with neighbours .... so its a party for one in my flat for 5 days .... not really sure what else I can do to give it the effect .... and no im not sleeping on my floor !!

Bucket in the corner as makeshift toilet!!! 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fill your bathroom with compost and then sit in the shower with your waterproof on... relive those rainy years.

obviously a slight clean up afterwards...

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No matter where you are your imagination will take you straight to the farm

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Replicate an indoor venue 😀

lots to choose from - hang flashing fairy lights from the ceiling, set up a tent in the living room, or a picnic rug or chair. Lots of beer. Paint a rubbish bin. Make a flag. 

• Like 1