BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

That was so emotional rewatching that. I remember everyone acting like that Sol Campbell goal had been allowed. Took what seemed like ages for it to sink in that it hadn't. Elation to pissed offness in a moment shared with 85,000 people .

Watching that game there is easily one of my most favourite festival memories from a decade and a half of them.

Kind of wish I hadn't rewatched it. It's amplified what we're missing next weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone looked in on the greenpeace actionallareas? Billy Bragg and my fav Aurora on tonight. 

Enjoying it now, but trying to work out how to see the Rave Tree. Clicking the link just goes to their Instagram! I thought Peggy Seeger was great. 

44 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Enjoying it now, but trying to work out how to see the Rave Tree. Clicking the link just goes to their Instagram! I thought Peggy Seeger was great. 

If you go to the Instagram and then click the circular button at the top that says "Live" it will take you there. 

Melt Yourself Down rocked! And Seeger was great too.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

Just getting my head around the Glasto coverage and read this. Looks a tad underwhelming to me (highlights from 2011 - hardly a classic year). What's the score? I gather there will be more available to access on the BBC website and 6Music will get stuck in too. Plus online streams from DJs and artists.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/full-schedule-bbcs-glastonbury-festival-4242960

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just getting my head around the Glasto coverage and read this. Looks a tad underwhelming to me (highlights from 2011 - hardly a classic year). What's the score? I gather there will be more available to access on the BBC website and 6Music will get stuck in too. Plus online streams from DJs and artists.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/full-schedule-bbcs-glastonbury-festival-4242960

Yeah, that looks like just the TV lineup. There seems to be shows across the BBC radio team that are more diverse in years.

6 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, that looks like just the TV lineup. There seems to be shows across the BBC radio team that are more diverse in years.

Bit underwhelmed. My mate suggested we all do a watch party of LCD 2016. Just looked and transpires it's not the whole set and it's audio only. Was thinking things like that would be available on the iPlayer.

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bit underwhelmed. My mate suggested we all do a watch party of LCD 2016. Just looked and transpires it's not the whole set and it's audio only. Was thinking things like that would be available on the iPlayer.

I may have misunderstood but I was under the impression that anything on this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evrj6q/artists/by/a-z) page would be available on iPlayer as a full set. I see they've put some (shortened) sets on BBC Sounds already but there's a lot that's on the 'Experience' list that isn't on the BBC Sounds page yet and even those that do have some clips on BBC Sounds are still listed as Date TBC on their 'Experience' listing. I'm confident there's still more to come, just give it time.

Edited by mpsamuels

41 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, out of all the years I don't understand why they've gone for 2011?

11 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

I may have misunderstood but I was under the impression that anything on this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evrj6q/artists/by/a-z) page would be available on iPlayer as a full set. I see they've put some (shortened) sets on BBC Sounds already but there's a lot that's on the 'Experience' list that isn't on the BBC Sounds page yet and even those that do have some clips on BBC Sounds are still listed as Date TBC on their 'Experience' listing. I'm confident there's still more to come, just give it time.

Cheers - this is exactly the info I was after!

23 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, out of all the years I don't understand why they've gone for 2011?

My memory is somehow good enough that my mate just asked why we didn't watch Oasis in 94 and I told him we were watching the Lemonheads - and I just had to Google 2011 to remember which one it was.

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

My memory is somehow good enough that my mate just asked why we didn't watch Oasis in 94 and I told him we were watching the Lemonheads - and I just had to Google 2011 to remember which one it was.

I think any other year would have been better. 2010 had great weather and great lineup and was an anniversary year, surely that would have made more sense? (I have a vendetta against 2011 as I couldn't arrive until the Thursday night- I have never forgiven it!) 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think any other year would have been better. 2010 had great weather and great lineup and was an anniversary year, surely that would have made more sense? (I have a vendetta against 2011 as I couldn't arrive until the Thursday night- I have never forgiven it!) 

Crap weather, crap headliners, crap line-up.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The U2 / Coldplay / 👑🐝 treble is huge  and probably the reason why.

Yeah, reckon you're spot on there. What makes a good festival (for me anyway) and what makes good TV aren't the same thing I guess.