BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

It's been a fun couple of days keeping this channel on but I'm a bit tired hearing everyone go on about how special it is there's so many people and it's a beautiful moment.

I haven't checked who's on next but hopefully they don't spend extended periods of time chatting shit like that

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It's been a fun couple of days keeping this channel on but I'm a bit tired hearing everyone go on about how special it is there's so many people and it's a beautiful moment.

I haven't checked who's on next but hopefully they don't spend extended periods of time chatting shit like that

Foo Fighters. No time for chatting shit between the claims of "Playing ALL. NIGHT. LOOOONG!"

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

It’s better when you’re able to fast forward the Foos set.  You can trim a two and a half hour gig down to a lean 60 minutes without losing any music.

Thing is first time you see Foos, the talking makes you feel the gig is brilliant and personalised then when you see them again, you realise you were wrong and he uses a recycled script with the same bits between songs and it spoils the illusion. First time is always the best seeing Foos.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Highlights are a good call. A nice, curated selection box. Better than 2 hour gigs that will appeal to some people but not others.

I always preferred to find that programming to download after the festival. I have loads of that going back to the mid 2000’s.  They now do a 4 hour evening show on BBC and it has the headliner full set, but then theres 2+ hours of other stuff all mixed in. Its a much better way to introduce people to the festival also. Just wish they would put that kind of programming on iPlayer. I have a couple years where its 12 hours a day of red button programming and just runs through tons of performances, always the best to watch.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s better when you’re able to fast forward the Foos set.  You can trim a two and a half hour gig down to a lean 60 minutes without losing any music.

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thing is first time you see Foos, the talking makes you feel the gig is brilliant and personalised then when you see them again, you realise you were wrong and he uses a recycled script with the same bits between songs and it spoils the illusion. First time is always the best seeing Foos.

I'd waited 8 bloody festivals for Foos and Radiohead to play (including being there in 2015 and getting a t-shirt with their name on it) then the first time I didn't get tickets they both play so ....not bitter at all, what are you talking about?

Anyway, to soother the burn got tickets to see Foos supported by Wolf Alice and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes at the Olympic Stadium. Yea it's the same schtick but we fall for the "this is the best city to play in" nonsense from every other artist. It's fun. What a bloody show.

He's a showman, and most people who see them would (I think) go again in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Beaver89 said:

I'd waited 8 bloody festivals for Foos and Radiohead to play (including being there in 2015 and getting a t-shirt with their name on it) then the first time I didn't get tickets they both play so ....not bitter at all, what are you talking about?

Anyway, to soother the burn got tickets to see Foos supported by Wolf Alice and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes at the Olympic Stadium. Yea it's the same schtick but we fall for the "this is the best city to play in" nonsense from every other artist. It's fun. What a bloody show.

He's a showman, and most people who see them would (I think) go again in a heartbeat.

853191D4-EE2C-4BC8-9206-D9D53CF1DA17.gif

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Funny thing is the other great love of my life,  West Bromwich Albion, are playing a massive game tonight, but frankly I don’t care. No time for football on Glastonbury weekend.

As a Leeds fan I'll most definitely be keeping an eye on tonight's game.

You do us a favour and we'll do you a favour yeah?

Watching Arcade Fire and still baffled why they thought playing Flashbulb Eyes second/at all was a good idea - absolute momentum killer, that was thankfully followed by the powerhouse of Power Out in to Rebellion.
Don’t think I’ve watched this since I was there on the night and it’s giving me the wobbly lips. I know it doesn’t tend to get mentioned alongside the iconic headliners, but for me they were as close to perfection as an act who played Flashbulb Eyes second could be.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Watching Arcade Fire and still baffled why they thought playing Flashbulb Eyes second/at all was a good idea - absolute momentum killer, that was thankfully followed by the powerhouse of Power Out in to Rebellion.
Don’t think I’ve watched this since I was there on the night and it’s giving me the wobbly lips. I know it doesn’t tend to get mentioned alongside the iconic headliners, but for me they were as close to perfection as an act who played Flashbulb Eyes second could be.

My sentiments exactly, not seen the set since I was actually there but it holds a special place as my first pyramid headliner. Shot of the crowd singing along to rebellion at 17:41 got the wobbly lips and twitchy eyes out of me big time, took me right back.

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I love power out but never warmed to the live version

5 minutes ago, alien said:

My sentiments exactly, not seen the set since I was actually there but it holds a special place as my first pyramid headliner. Shot of the crowd singing along to rebellion at 17:41 got the wobbly lips and twitchy eyes out of me big time, took me right back.

Wake Up had that effect on me - especially the singalong at the end as they're going off