BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A clash that no one in their right mind loved to see.

We opted for Miley, which was probably the right call.

But no fan of having missed this.

I saw Miley as well with the thought Billie would top a stage at some point. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve never seen someone command that much crowd control at such a young age.

When she does headline the pyramid she’s going to demolish it.

Her Reading performance actually beats this in terms of vocals and crowd control and that was only 8 weeks later. 

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Watching Michael Kiwanuka, another set I had forgotten how much I enjoyed.

Noticing that a lot of promised stuff is currently not on the iPlayer, Beyoncé for example. I assume they’ll be added after they are shown on the BBC.

Yep, they are releasing them after they've been shown. 

13 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

first off, T-shirts on sale let people know they were taking the criticism with a wry smile.

I was going to wear my Glastallica T-shirt today. Couldn't find it. A bit too hot for black anyway. So wish I'd bought a white one as well (but at the time I was probably thinking "Metallica = Black. Natch"). Settled for 2010s glow in the dark jobby in red.

17 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

...they have studied the fest and know what it takes to win people over.

Lars is a regular.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yep, gave it that extra edge. Was very sweet when he got on the mic at the end and gushed about it being his favourite place on earth.

Was 2014 not his first year, that made him fall in love with it then?

9 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Lars is a regular.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yep, gave it that extra edge. Was very sweet when he got on the mic at the end and gushed about it being his favourite place on earth.

He's a regular *now* and gone full HAM on the place, but I think I'm right in saying that 2014 was his first visit.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's a regular *now* and gone full HAM on the place, but I think I'm right in saying that 2014 was his first visit.

Not sure about that. I'think I read somewhere he was there at least the year before, invited to tour the place or something, and just "got it" from the off. Definitely read that he was certainly,as a lifelong music fan, well aware of the festival prior to that.

(What is HAM?)

Just now, MrZigster said:

Not sure about that. I'think I read somewhere he was there at least the year before, invited to tour the place or something, and just "got it" from the off. Definitely read that he was certainly,as a lifelong music fan, well aware of the festival prior to that.

(What is HAM?)

I think you're right, he got invited to tour it and ended up staying till 5-6am walking around with Emily and her husband. Either it was the year before or it was the Thursday night before they played I can't quite remember though. 

19 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Not that gripped by this Billie Eilish set to be honest. What do you lot reckon? 

I’m the same. Obviously she’s got some popular songs and it’s impressive considering her age but I’m not sure about her headlining. 

Just now, Billjames7 said:

I’m the same. Obviously she’s got some popular songs and it’s impressive considering her age but I’m not sure about her headlining. 

I can see it, but only because of how quickly she became popular. Assuming she doesn't burn out, and there's no reason to suggest she will, she's doing everything right for a headliner slot. (dunno if I'd be there though...) 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I can see it, but only because of how quickly she became popular. Assuming she doesn't burn out, and there's no reason to suggest she will, she's doing everything right for a headliner slot. (dunno if I'd be there though...) 

... What about Foals?