What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

what's the last decent thing bbcfour commissioned? It's top for the music stuff they put out on a Friday but its rarely original.

Looks like Charlie Brooker's Screenwipes started there. It means the new Charlie Brooker won't be given that opportunity. Assume it means that they won't be producing any music documentaries themselves I know most of them are not original anyway but some are. 

I'll always see anything aimed at limiting the remit of the BBC as sad because it means the Tories are winning. 

On 3/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, waltere said:

Haven't watched that, but Storyville (which iPlayer counts that as an episode of) tends to throw up some really good documentaries 

Yep I found myself watching Storyville- Collective this week- it’s been nominated for an Oscar and is totally fascinating and scary- about investigative journalism into the Collectiv club fire in Romania and the corruption in the health system. Highly recommend it - ( will be on iplayer now) makes you appreciate the NHS even more. 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:17 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Finished behind her eyes last night. Really enjoyed it a complete story but you have to see it through to the end. Can't imagine its for everyone though 

Reminded me of a popular 90s tv show

On 4/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, priest17 said:

what's the last decent thing bbcfour commissioned? It's top for the music stuff they put out on a Friday but its rarely original.

Maybe not original stuff, but where am I gonna get my fix of brilliant foreign crime drama (The Bridge, Spiral, etc)?

Fucking Tories with their war on the BBC!!!!

I just got to the one where Charlie and Dee nick some speakers, find some coke in them, sell it for 300 dollars, but the coke belongs to the mob who want 25,000 dollars, so they go to a country club to sell pills, then Frank gets his son to start prostituting himself with old women…

They make loads of money but Charlie and Dee get a load of coke because they’re addicted and snort it all, so they get that priest they made homeless addicted too so he’ll sell it to the homeless for them, Frank starts smacking Dennis about, then Dennis and Mac insult the mob boss’s wife, but Dennis gets the money by selling Frank’s mug. Plus there are some perverted jockeys.

Good episode/s.

3 hours ago, Homer said:

I just got to the one where Charlie and Dee nick some speakers, find some coke in them, sell it for 300 dollars, but the coke belongs to the mob who want 25,000 dollars, so they go to a country club to sell pills, then Frank gets his son to start prostituting himself with old women…

They make loads of money but Charlie and Dee get a load of coke because they’re addicted and snort it all, so they get that priest they made homeless addicted too so he’ll sell it to the homeless for them, Frank starts smacking Dennis about, then Dennis and Mac insult the mob boss’s wife, but Dennis gets the money by selling Frank’s mug. Plus there are some perverted jockeys.

Good episode/s.

I must have missed Top Of The Pops that week.

• Upvote 1

This new series of Line of Duty started off a bit slower than the usual ‘character you think is gonna be important gets their head blown off at the end of the first episode’ from previous series, but this new episode was great and really started to tie up a bunch of loose ends. I’ve no idea if this is the last series or not - I didn’t think so but my mate seems convinced it is - but it’s doing a great job at having me constantly second guessing every character.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This new series of Line of Duty started off a bit slower than the usual ‘character you think is gonna be important gets their head blown off at the end of the first episode’ from previous series, but this new episode was great and really started to tie up a bunch of loose ends. I’ve no idea if this is the last series or not - I didn’t think so but my mate seems convinced it is - but it’s doing a great job at having me constantly second guessing every character.

I believe the talk at the end of the last series was there would be 2 more series, so possibly this is the penultimate. I'm sure it would have been mentioned if this was the final season.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Am I the only person who thinks she looks like Phil Neville?

12 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

granted i may be 12-13 years behind the rest of you... but i very much enjoyed watching the first few episodes of Breaking Bad last night...

They will be getting a rapper headlining Glastonbury next... 🙄

You have a treat ahead of you. Better Call Saul afterwards as well!

Watched all of Episodes over the weekend, I'd seen season 1 when it first came out and just not watched the rest of it but its great fun. Ended probably the right time (could maybe of managed a season less) but the ending was satisfying.

Blasted through all of Wellington Paranormal yesterday and it was hilarious and lovely and gross at points, been waiting for to to come to the UK for ages (now on Sky and NOWTV). A must watch if you're into Flight Of The Conchords or What We Do In The Shadows. Hunt For The Wilderpeople vibes as well.

Watched all of Schitt's Creek and a lot of people have said it gets better as it goes along but I definitely preferred them as bastards nearer the start. 

On 4/5/2021 at 10:11 AM, BlueDaze said:

granted i may be 12-13 years behind the rest of you... but i very much enjoyed watching the first few episodes of Breaking Bad last night...

I'm jealous of you. I'd give anything to watch Season 4 again without knowing what was coming. Stunning, stunning television. Enjoy it, you may find it a little slow at points but it really pays off.

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Started Your Honour last night great so far

Just finished it at the weekend - really enjoyed it.  Bryan Cranston is really good as always.

Impossible predicament he finds himself in.  It obviously doesn't compare, but there are some parallels with Breaking Bad in the way it illustrates the lengths you might go to when faced with a particular situation.