What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 3/12/2021 at 11:02 PM, steviewevie said:

sound of the sixties was great earlier...psychedelia in black and white.

BBC 4 and sky arts have been great over this lockdown.  Nice Robert Plant documentary on recently.

id never thought I would utter this statement in my long lifetime but I’ve seen a bit too much  live football !  Sky sports,BT sports, amazon prime all have  live matches!  There’s been some really dire games broadcast live. 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

BBC 4 and sky arts have been great over this lockdown.  Nice Robert Plant documentary on recently.

id never thought I would utter this statement in my long lifetime but I’ve seen a bit too much  live football !  Sky sports,BT sports, amazon prime all have  live matches!  There’s been some really dire games broadcast live. 

To much football spread across to many days and channels and let's be honest the quality and intensity is dire . Sport just seems flat without crowds .

Watching the cricket in India last few days has been a wholly different experience because of the atmosphere.  But without knowing what the covid situation is in India currently I do worry about the lack of distancing and masks .

Started on The Terror today, 2 episodes in and enjoying it so far.

New guilty pleasure this week with The Celebrity Circle, thought I'd hate it but it's great. ALERT!

Other highlight this week was the final of The Great Pottery Throwdown, tears aots.

Just finished Soulmates on Amazon. Only 6 episodes but very much in the vein of Black Mirror (one of the writers or producers I believe) First 2 Episodes and last 2 were really good but the middle 2 seemed a bit "filler"

Last episode of the 4 part Bloodlands tonight from the writer of Line of Duty & The Bodyguard. Well worth 4 hours if last minute twist is your thing.

Just made a start on This is Us on Amazon. First couple of episodes seem to have me hooked.

Snowpiercer season 2 on Netflix has been far better than series one. The only downside is that its released weekly.

Well happy that Top Gear is back. First episode tonight really hit me in the feels (don't ever remember a top gear episode having that effect before) ironicaly today of all days it was all about dads and the cars that they drove when you were a kid. 

12 hours ago, OG said:

Just finished Soulmates on Amazon. Only 6 episodes but very much in the vein of Black Mirror (one of the writers or producers I believe) First 2 Episodes and last 2 were really good but the middle 2 seemed a bit "filler"

I watched this not too long ago, agree with you on the first and last 2. 

Its a weird idea, im kinda glad its not true ha!

14 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've decided to watch as it goes out on TV. The slow burn works better for me for a show like this.

Enjoying it so far

I am weak and couldn't help myself. I do that though for certain shows. There is something nice about a weekly installment

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I am weak and couldn't help myself. I do that though for certain shows. There is something nice about a weekly installment

I don't think I can binge stuff anymore to be honest. My concentration is shot. Maybe a few episodes of something light or a comedy, but not something like The Terror. I just about managed the opening two episodes on BBC2

6 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Started on Behind Her Eyes, had no clue what it was about going in but it came highly recommended.

2 episodes in 👍🏼 

Probably goes without saying but don't google anything about it as you will find out the ending

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Thank you. Didn't realise it was coming to the tele so soon

Surprised me as well, thought it would have been this Xmas for obvious reasons, anyhow it's a half decent watch as got DVD on day of release if you know anything about Shane / the pogues you will heard seen most of stories already . Animations are different, people will no doubt question Shane's health etc but he still comes across as sharp and witty, looks like the full DVD version as well ,not just shortened version which is often the case 

I think the US Office has let itself down a bit; just got to one of those US sitcom 'filler' episodes where they say 'do you remember that time?' and then fill it out with repeated stuff from previous episodes. I know they write a hell of a lot of them - but I'd expect that from The Cosby Show.

38 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I hope this is allowed (great mate) but wanted this special from 27 years ago (!) for any music fan of the 90's to enjoy 50 minutes on me. The perfect Radio 1 satire of old days gone.

Ha - classic! Is this the one where they rail against the scurge of punk (and fall out a lot)?

On 3/14/2021 at 11:32 PM, OG said:

Which Soulmates is this please? There are at least five things with this title on IMDB.

4 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Just watched the Julian Temple film about Shane McGowan. After a few cans of Guiness & backing 4 winners at Cheltenham, this was the perfect way to end St Patrick's day. 🙂

I watched Darby O’Gill and the Little People with mini-moth and a few cans of Kilkenny.