What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Almost finished season 4 of Ozark and it's been a real slog. Some of the side plots are just bizarre. Feels like they could have stuck to 10 episodes and given it the send off it deserves. 

Finale tonight, but I'm already setting myself up to be disappointed, which is a shame because season 1-3 were fantastic.

Not going to contradict you or hype you for the finale...

Other Half doesn't want to watch House of the Dragon 🤨 . Vaguely going through Never have I ever. Really liked season 1, season 2 was almost half decent, 3 is ... Yeah maybe let's not do a 4th.

Oh yeah Bad Sisters! That's decent too. They got me by having PJ Harvey doing the title song and a Fiona Apple tune in episode 2. Those smart soundtrack people... Aiming straight for me...

4 hours ago, st dan said:

So … first episode of House of the Dragon then. What did we all think?

I went in to it very sceptical and wasn’t expecting to enjoy it, but me and my wife both thought it was fantastic. Much closer to the earlier seasons of GoT, and I’ll certainly be watching the rest of it closely. Seems an engaging storyline from the first episode at least!

I think people have the right to be sceptical of this after the train wreck that was the final season of GOT, but then you remember that it no longer has those two knuckleheads at the helm speedrunning their way to a finale so that they can move on to different projects, so it really has no reason to fail, and I’m sure HBO have pumped everything they can in to this to make sure it hits. Felt like you slipped right back in to an early season of GOT which was nice, and yeah, seems like it’s setting up an interesting plot so fingers crossed they don’t fuck it up, especially as I think the general consensus seems to be the same as us both - weren’t expecting much but are right back on board after that first episode. 

I’m flailing around in television land, lost at sea after BCS. Currently watching ‘Criminal Confessions’ for lack of anything decent to watch. 

Considering Euphoria and also The Wilds, which looks a bit close to the excellent Yellowjackets for my liking. 

I’ll resubscribe to Disney when She Hulk is finished so I can binge it.  

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m flailing around in television land, lost at sea after BCS. Currently watching ‘Criminal Confessions’ for lack of anything decent to watch. 

Considering Euphoria and also The Wilds, which looks a bit close to the excellent Yellowjackets for my liking. 

I’ll resubscribe to Disney when She Hulk is finished so I can binge it.  

The Wilds season 1 is really good. 2 failed quite badly. 3 not happening. Your call. Yellowjackets is better. So you could watch S1 and consider it a show with great promise that never got a second season.

Started Somebody Somewhere on HBO, under the radar thing. Am liking it so far.

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Done the first two episodes of She-Hulk, it’s fucking garbage.

Imagine a shit Ally McBeal knock off with super people.

I’ve heard the opposite. I haven’t seen it yet but those who have called it fun and entertaining, if lacking in any real consequence. 

On 8/26/2022 at 10:10 PM, fraybentos1 said:

The Marvel TV shows are all dog shit imo. 

Would recommend Severance on Apple Tv for anyone struggling post BCS

See, I just can’t fathom that. WandaVision and Loki are better than the majority of Marvel movies, imo. 

Agree about Severance, though. Top tier television, that one. I assume you’ve read the ‘Lexington Letter’? 

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

See, I just can’t fathom that. WandaVision and Loki are better than the majority of Marvel movies, imo. 

Agree about Severance, though. Top tier television, that one. I assume you’ve read the ‘Lexington Letter’? 

I only started watching Marvel during one of the lockdowns and a few of us watched one every sunday. I think me/we defo had tastes that differ from most marvel fans. The biggest one being that everyone seems to love guardians of the galaxy and we thought it was dreadful. I liked ironman, most of the avengers, first thor, blank panther, captain americas, shang chi, ant man. Hated Gotg and dr strange.

TV wise i couldnt get through either loki or wandavision which was a shame cause loki was one of my fave characters. 

Yeah severance is class, i'll have a read of that

On 8/25/2022 at 9:01 AM, st dan said:

So … first episode of House of the Dragon then. What did we all think?

I went in to it very sceptical and wasn’t expecting to enjoy it, but me and my wife both thought it was fantastic. Much closer to the earlier seasons of GoT, and I’ll certainly be watching the rest of it closely. Seems an engaging storyline from the first episode at least!

Loved it, as you say, just like the early game of thrones episodes . And I don’t just mean the bare bums. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Mortimer and whitehouse is like a haven of calm and tranquility just two men heading for old age enjoying each others company laughing chewing the fat .

It's perfect TV for me . 

I think of Gone Fishing and Grand Designs as the start of Autumn - time to struggle on the sofa with a nice cup of tea.

Just watch the Woodstock 1999 Train wreck, can’t believe they gave out all those candles, beyond stupid. Also the way the women in the crowd were treated was sickening. 

On 9/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, kalifire said:

It turns out Apple snuck a tiny Severance tease into their product launch event this week. Look who's about to get on the subway train as one of the keynote speakers is getting off...

I have other means to watch this but Barclaycard sent me a email with a free 6 month apple trial so think I'll just it for this 👏👏👏

Edit 5 months

IMG_20220910_175721.jpg

Edited by gazzared
Error

9 hours ago, gazzared said:

I have other means to watch this but Barclaycard sent me a email with a free 6 month apple trial so think I'll just it for this 👏👏👏

Yeah, jump on that! Sometimes there are great deals for these things. Disney+ are offering a month for $1.99 over here (usually $11.99) so it's probably time I caught up with all the MCU stuff I've not seen, which is everything from Avengers: Endgame onwards (except WandaVision and Loki).

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, fraybentos1 said:

I only started watching Marvel during one of the lockdowns and a few of us watched one every sunday. I think me/we defo had tastes that differ from most marvel fans. The biggest one being that everyone seems to love guardians of the galaxy and we thought it was dreadful. I liked ironman, most of the avengers, first thor, blank panther, captain americas, shang chi, ant man. Hated Gotg and dr strange.

TV wise i couldnt get through either loki or wandavision which was a shame cause loki was one of my fave characters. 

Yeah severance is class, i'll have a read of that

Same, Mrs Hew and I didn't enjoy it at all. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For All Mankind is worth a watch too, it's such a good show.

Yeah I watched it , we chatted last month about it 🤣 it was good and I really enjoyed it but I get frustrated when supposedly the best of the best make idiotic decisions 🤣🤣🤣 just like all sci fi films🤣 aliens covenant - "maybe we should evaluate the planet further until we are sure it's safe" nah fuck that lets go ...."ok at least keep our space helmets on until we are certain it's safe " ... You pussy,  who needs space helmets lets get the fuck down there🤣🤣🤣 winds me up 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gazzared said:

Yeah I watched it , we chatted last month about it 🤣 it was good and I really enjoyed it but I get frustrated when supposedly the best of the best make idiotic decisions 🤣🤣🤣 just like all sci fi films🤣 aliens covenant - "maybe we should evaluate the planet further until we are sure it's safe" nah fuck that lets go ...."ok at least keep our space helmets on until we are certain it's safe " ... You pussy,  who needs space helmets lets get the fuck down there🤣🤣🤣 winds me up 

Oh yeah, I completely forgot we chatted about it, sorry 😂