What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 episode shy of finishing Pistol. It's been good. Really feels like a tv show, with proper episodic plots, while the larger narrative is building at the same time. Laughed when Jonesy goes 'good luck...CHRISSIE HYNDE' and then I realised it was probably a reveal for a lot of the audience who hadn't figured out who she was.

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

The next episode of BCS is apparently called ‘Breaking Bad’…

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

The synopsis reads: “The partners escalate their enterprise to new levels.

Whatever happens next, it's not gonna go down the way we think it is…

They’ve released a couple of stills from the episode and they’re all black and white/the Gene timeline… so I don’t think this is gonna be the episode we/pretty much anybody seeing that title is hoping for. 

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They’ve released a couple of stills from the episode and they’re all black and white/the Gene timeline… so I don’t think this is gonna be the episode we/pretty much anybody seeing that title is hoping for. 

Ha! I’m clueless and I love it. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Highlight was the attempt to edit together group hug with Scott and Charlene who obviously visited the set on a different day.

Haha yeah that got the biggest guffaw of the entire shmaltzy, hammy, nonsensical thing, from me. It made me miss the absurd world of soap operas.

Edited by kalifire

On 7/29/2022 at 11:09 PM, Ryan1984 said:

Anyone else watch the Neighbours finale? Fair play to Guy Pearce for going all in but the highlight has to be Ghost Madge.

Highlight for me was Clive's unhinged lamp plug attack and Harold turning the hose pipe on him to calm him down. I was pissing myself laughing at it

On 7/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Padjeq said:

1 episode shy of finishing Pistol. It's been good. Really feels like a tv show, with proper episodic plots, while the larger narrative is building at the same time. Laughed when Jonesy goes 'good luck...CHRISSIE HYNDE' and then I realised it was probably a reveal for a lot of the audience who hadn't figured out who she was.

Got to be honest I was wondering who she was until that. Always liked Never Mind the Buzzcocks album, but Sex Pistols were before my time and hadn't really read up on their history. Really enjoyed the show. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:09 PM, Ryan1984 said:

Anyone else watch the Neighbours finale? Fair play to Guy Pearce for going all in but the highlight has to be Ghost Madge.

I was thinking to an Australian, Guy Pearce must be the second biggest star from Neighbours behind Margot Robbie. The press used to always say no one down under cared about Kylie (although tbf they were saying that before Can't Get You Out of My Head, so who knows)

The Holly Valance/Natalie Imbruglia bit was interesting. They managed to get them together, but not on Ramsay Street.

Ghost Madge was a massive surprise, mostly cuz I thought she'd died in real life.

Edited by Padjeq

So where do we think BCS is going to go next, and how does it end? I have some thoughts, which I thought I'd share here. I don't know anything about what's coming up and actively avoid leaks and spoilers, so this is pure speculation.

This will be the writers' third ending in this universe, and it occurs to me that so far nobody has gotten caught or taken any responsibility for the wrongs they've done or been involved with. Walt died, Jesse got away, and Todd and his uncle's nazi group were all killed. I think Jimmy's going to get caught and we'll finally get to see that version of an end.

I reckon (again, pure guesswork) that one of the remaining episodes, perhaps even the last one, is a Kim episode. We find out what she did after leaving Jimmy; we watch her discover of Saul in the Heisenberg case; and we watch her struggle with the right decision, given her phone call to him (answered next by his ex secretary) means she may be the only person able to track him.

I think we'll see something of a reunion, or it'll at least be teased that way. She'll seek him out and they'll meet and talk about their relationship and ongoing love, but ultimately it'll be a sting operation and with a heavy heart, Kim gives Saul to the cops. The last scam of the show is the one done on him.

I think it'll finally end with a Kim flash-forward. Showing her years later, back in law and doing her pro bono work, possibly using the reward money to set it up. It'll be a happy ending of sorts, but not for Jimmy.

Now watch as tomorrow's episode completely destroys this theory.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

So where do we think BCS is going to go next, and how does it end? I have some thoughts, which I thought I'd share here. I don't know anything about what's coming up and actively avoid leaks and spoilers, so this is pure speculation.

This will be the writers' third ending in this universe, and it occurs to me that so far nobody has gotten caught or taken any responsibility for the wrongs they've done or been involved with. Walt died, Jesse got away, and Todd and his uncle's nazi group were all killed. I think Jimmy's going to get caught and we'll finally get to see that version of an end.

I reckon (again, pure guesswork) that one of the remaining episodes, perhaps even the last one, is a Kim episode. We find out what she did after leaving Jimmy; we watch her discover of Saul in the Heisenberg case; and we watch her struggle with the right decision, given her phone call to him (answered next by his ex secretary) means she may be the only person able to track him.

I think we'll see something of a reunion, or it'll at least be teased that way. She'll seek him out and they'll meet and talk about their relationship and ongoing love, but ultimately it'll be a sting operation and with a heavy heart, Kim gives Saul to the cops. The last scam of the show is the one done on him.

I think it'll finally end with a Kim flash-forward. Showing her years later, back in law and doing her pro bono work, possibly using the reward money to set it up. It'll be a happy ending of sorts, but not for Jimmy.

That sounds good to me.  I'm pretty buzzing for this ending! 

We'll definitely see more of Kim - her exit just didn't seem right for such a major character. 

55 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Honestly hadn’t thought about anything like this and have tried not to think too much about how it’s gonna end or looked in to too many theories as it’d no doubt end in disappointment when it doesn’t go that way, but I really like the idea of this kind of conclusion. Saul going away would obviously be a shiter of an ending given how much we all love the character, but definitely feels apt that at least one character invoiced meets their comeuppance according to the law, and who better than the lawyer. 

On 7/31/2022 at 4:01 PM, found home in 2009 said:

Got to be honest I was wondering who she was until that. Always liked Never Mind the Buzzcocks album, but Sex Pistols were before my time and hadn't really read up on their history. Really enjoyed the show. 

I'm amazed nobody's said anything yet. But then this is the TV thread lol.

Autocorrect?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

This is a different documentary to the one I watched on a plane recently about the same festival right - about the horrible 90s misogyny and how the performers whipped it up with predictable results etc?

13 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

This is a different documentary to the one I watched on a plane recently about the same festival right - about the horrible 90s misogyny and how the performers whipped it up with predictable results etc?

Looks to be a different docuseries to the 2021 'Woodstock 99: Peace, Love and Rage' that you prob refer to. 

This appears to be a 3 parter... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/netflixlife.com/2022/08/01/what-time-is-trainwreck-woodstock-99-coming-to-netflix/amp/

• Upvote 1

After seeing the latest episode of BCS I can certainly see it heading towards an ending like the one @kalifire described - it seems pretty much set up to do just that, especially after that phone call (which we didn’t hear but can kind of gather how it went and what was said). Doesn’t seem like it’s gonna end well for Saul either way. 

Great episode. The cameos/flashbacks were used just right I think and really added to the depth of the story in both BCS and just even BB in making Saul seem like he’s basically the guy who got it all off the ground running in a big way. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

After seeing the latest episode of BCS I can certainly see it heading towards an ending like the one @kalifire described - it seems pretty much set up to do just that, especially after that phone call (which we didn’t hear but can kind of gather how it went and what was said). Doesn’t seem like it’s gonna end well for Saul either way. 

Great episode. The cameos/flashbacks were used just right I think and really added to the depth of the story in both BCS and just even BB in making Saul seem like he’s basically the guy who got it all off the ground running in a big way. 

I feel the transition effect from the cameo scene might have been foreshadowing?

9 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I feel the transition effect from the cameo scene might have been foreshadowing?

I thought it was a little on the nose to be that literal. I took it metaphorically, that Gene himself is a kind of death for Saul.

Once again we see that Saul is the coping mechanism for Jimmy/Gene, and what he runs to when confronted with serious pain or trauma. I've read we'll get to know what was said on the other side of the call when Gene attempts to call Kim, and I've also read that whatever it is has been leaked and is online, so maybe - when browsing about this show - your best course would be to tread lightly.

Tried to watch The Control Room on iPlayer after a couple of people recommended it and some solid reviews. Couldn't bring myself to watch the final episode due to the infuriatingly unrealistic nature of the poor decisions the main protagonist kept making. 

Amazed it got such good reviews tbh. 

Edited by Chef

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

Tried to watch The Control Room on iPlayer after a couple of people recommended it and some solid reviews. Couldn't bring myself to watch the final episode due to the infuriatingly unrealistic nature of the poor decisions the main protagonist kept making. 

Amazed it got such good reviews tbh. 

I watched the first one and thought it was OK. Had no desire to watch the rest though as I figured I'd end up feeling the way you have about and just be annoyed