What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah finished this last night. 

Eh... in the end the whole thing is a pretty open and shut case that got way too much exposure due to the creepy CCTV recording, and the people being interviewed for this are largely nobody conspiracy nuts who wanted some internet clout. The one guy who got somebody to go visit her grave and touch it for him... what a fucking loser.

A sad story, but the four episodes are padded out with a lot of bullshit about it being a spooky haunted hotel to fill the run time and the whole thing feels pretty pointless and/or exploitative come the last episode.

We've only seen two episodes so far but I know exactly which guy this is going to be - so creepy.

I'm not even sure we're going to bother with the last two episodes. I sort of knew going in that we weren't going to learn anything we didn't know already, but the padding is ridiculous. We get it - Skid Row = rough place. Did have to laugh at the woman who described the hotel as "a hotbed of death",  she seemed to really love hyperbole and fully had it in for the Cecil.

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

We've only seen two episodes so far but I know exactly which guy this is going to be - so creepy.

I'm not even sure we're going to bother with the last two episodes. I sort of knew going in that we weren't going to learn anything we didn't know already, but the padding is ridiculous. We get it - Skid Row = rough place. Did have to laugh at the woman who described the hotel as "a hotbed of death",  she seemed to really love hyperbole and fully had it in for the Cecil.

The trailer for this gave the impression that a bunch of stuff had gone down in the hotel as well as the disappearance of the girl when in actuality it’s just a rough cheap hotel in a rough neighbourhood that largely attracts a certain type of guest.

Episode four has a segment where the internet sleuths target a guy who once stayed there because he’s a goth in a black metal band and so must be her killer and almost ruin his life. So so dumb. 

On 2/11/2021 at 6:00 AM, kalifire said:

Line Of Duty (S2) ended up getting a bit complicated and therefore quite boring.

I've started Soulmates on Prime, mainly because Shiv fucking Roy is in the first one. All looks a bit Black Mirror.

You given up on Line of Duty?  I am a bit ahead of you - just finished Season3 last night and it is the best season yet - it takes a lot of threads from Seasons 1 + 2 and brings them all together really well.  Cracking stuff - stick at it.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

You given up on Line of Duty?  I am a bit ahead of you - just finished Season3 last night and it is the best season yet - it takes a lot of threads from Seasons 1 + 2 and brings them all together really well.  Cracking stuff - stick at it.

No, I'll go back to S3. Just taking a break.

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

No, I'll go back to S3. Just taking a break.

Aye season 3 was by far my favourite. Really takes things up a notch, especially towards the end.

On 2/9/2021 at 4:46 PM, deebeedoobee said:

I’ve been watching The Bridge . Nearly at the end of season 4. Really enjoyed the series especially the lead character Såga.

what I have learnt so far:

1) nobody has curtains in Sweden/ Copenhagen 

2) nobody puts the big light on. Anytime. Anywhere.

Have you tried Spiral (French cop drama)? Final season (of 8) has just finished on BBC 4 (pretty sure it's still on i-player). Highly recommended!

Edited by Punksnotdead

Re-watching ‘Justified’. I thought it was just average first time round, but really enjoying it this time with it’s Kentucky setting and various inbreds! First series got off to a slow start, but after that it’s onwards and upwards

Edited by Mr.Tease

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Has anyone watched The Plan? Tempted because cults seem to be a go-to for me, plus Aaron Paul.

Did you mean the path? Put the plan  in IMDb search and came up with a Spanish drama which looks quite promising