Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The year is 2021 and The Pigeon Detectives are here to make you wish lockdown was still on.

Unfair. Saw them at Leeds Festival in 2011(?). Great crowd participation, had us waving our wellies in the air. Not sure why, don't think anyone knew why. Even the band.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Hardly gonna pop up in a Pyramid sub slot so easily avoidable.

I remember that year people thought they were subbing the foos and it wanted to make me pull my hair out. No chance that would have even happened in their prime.

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Sorry to ask a stupid question  - does Manics being on that poster make them pretty much guaranteed to be rescheduled in for GF?

This year they were playing in Halifax on the Sunday of Glastonbury, so this looks the same day on Glastonbury weekend. So looks likely.

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Plenty here that will no doubt show up...they have kept same line up but just lost Jack Savoretti.

Screenshot_20200616-191921_Facebook.jpg

bit out of context but if anyone can get to a gig at Piece Hall then defo do it, highly recommend.

Other end of the country for me but went up there for Father John Misty and the venue is incredible.

Just now, PolygonWindow said:

bit out of context but if anyone can get to a gig at Piece Hall then defo do it, highly recommend.

Other end of the country for me but went up there for Father John Misty and the venue is incredible.

Every now and again they do a street food festival, and it's amazing getting drunk in the square. 

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But are the Chiefs worth seeing at least once?

I’ve seen them a few times, Ricky is a great frontman and they put in a lot of energy. 

Yes I know they’re at Glasto every year, but they're a lot of fun every time. 

I think they’re similar to bands like The Wombats or Slaves, just ideal festival bands. You know what you’re getting, some decent singalongs and just an all round good time.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I remember that year people thought they were subbing the foos and it wanted to make me pull my hair out. No chance that would have even happened in their prime.

'But they've supported them before so maybe Dave is doing a favour for his old mate Ricky!'

The classic forum-wide lunacy a couple of weeks before the lineup is due to drop because of some off the cuff comment made by a band member in the depths of Q magazine.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

'But they've supported them before so maybe Dave is doing a favour for his old mate Ricky!'

The classic forum-wide lunacy a couple of weeks before the lineup is due to drop because of some off the cuff comment made by a band member in the depths of Q magazine.

I wasn’t aware kaisers had actually subbed but there’s always one act one year people get whipped up into a frenzy about which (most of the time) don't end up playing.

Kaiser Chiefs subbing, The Pogues subbing, Emile Sande headlining is some of the most notable ones!

There is another classic I’m forgetting

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbf the biggest proponents of Kaisers subbing were just memeing. And only one person was thinking about Emeli Sande headlining.

I think the point is that all it takes is one person to mention it and we all get carried away with it. Because we talk about it till the cows come home we always think it’s “some kind of rumour”, when really it’s due to our nattering. It’s like a rumour that is based on nothing and gets started just by us messing about.

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

r u fucking kidding me

Was the other classic, Adele subbing Radiohead? Maybe it was the other way round...

Adele was going to headline but play at sunset because she was scared of the crowds.

The logic of why she’d play when it was still light and could clearly see the gargantuan crowd in front of her was never expanded upon.

33 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I hope you're not forgetting the Chris Martin supergroup!

Wouldn't change any of it of course, to make an omelette gotta break a few eggs.

I know this sounds dumb in retrospect but it’s probably not the WORST shout out there. At least no one would complain that Chris Martin + guests isn’t big enough. A Global Citizen headline set could be fun if they really did rope in some massive guests.

Its more about bands being rumoured to take slots way above their size and we got carried away with it lol.

Edited by Matt42