Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

5 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

That's true they were only available on the Sunday this year from my memory and PSB have that slot on lockdown.

We had some dodgy info a long time ago that foals weren’t playing and Dua lipa and the 1975 were headlining the other stage. Sounded dodgy at the time but I can’t see Fatboy being the first choice for other headliner. It makes me think that 1975 didn’t wanna go up against Kendrick / would rather wait and headline.

I don’t think Foals were playing Glasto 2020 even if we were missing a Sunday sub spot. I can’t see them being drafted in now either unless it’s going to be TRNSMT situation and they play lower than people expect. 

24 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I like the shout of Foals headlining the other stage, but it does mean that there will be 3 all male acts headlining that stage. Quite left field but if they're replacing Lana could Lizzo fit nicely in that spot if she's touring? 

If Lizzo gets drafted in, I think she screams Pyramid sub more than anyone. 

Anyone know what the word is on Lorde? She pushed back her 2020 plans I believe, so I wonder if she could be in contention for big slots next year. Another strong candidate for Other headliner/Pyramid sub imo.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Okay, but we know that they weren’t due to sub this year. That much was confirmed. The crux of my point is that they don’t need to sub next year if they didn’t agree to sub this year.

Don’t need to sub but there’s little to stop them subbing either.

At this stage we’re dealing purely in hypotheticals and conjecture, until we see the poster, see an announcement or get some decent ITK reports we can only speculate.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

We had some dodgy info a long time ago that foals weren’t playing and Dua lipa and the 1975 were headlining the other stage. Sounded dodgy at the time but I can’t see Fatboy being the first choice for other headliner. It makes me think that 1975 didn’t wanna go up against Kendrick / would rather wait and headline.

I don’t think Foals were playing Glasto 2020 even if we were missing a Sunday sub spot. I can’t see them being drafted in now either unless it’s going to be TRNSMT situation and they play lower than people expect. 

I remember that info and thinking it was duff at the time, looking back now it was probably quite accurate. I don't think they were either, I personally had Billie for the mystery sub slot this year. 

Still find that TRNSMT booking one of the weirder ones. 

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

If Lizzo gets drafted in, I think she screams Pyramid sub more than anyone. 

Anyone know what the word is on Lorde? She pushed back her 2020 plans I believe, so I wonder if she could be in contention for big slots next year. Another strong candidate for Other headliner/Pyramid sub imo.

Lorde! I completely forgot about her, next year we could be overwhelmed with acts, I wonder how many that weren't active this year and but planning to be in 2021 will now delay until 2022.

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Lorde! I completely forgot about her, next year we could be overwhelmed with acts, I wonder how many that weren't active this year and but planning to be in 2021 will now delay until 2022.

I think a very high % to be honest! Hoping Lorde could be a different case since I think she was due to tour this year anyway but pulled it late last year. Who knows though.

My position for a while has been we won't see many "new" acts on the scene next year and it will be 90% the same acts, which makes me a bit pessimistic over the potential sub/headliner replacements. We'll see!

5 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

... the only thing is they arent peoples first band to headline Glastonbury except from @Gnomicide.

But... but....

Fair enough.

I still reckon they'll be billed as The Rock Slot and get an hour+ slot 3rd or 4th down. They'll get a bigger crowd than if they subbed, unless maybe if subbing Macca. There would also be no perceived stigma that they were no longer a headline act.

Harry Styles American tour that was supposed to clash with Glastonbury this year has been rescheduled to August next year. More dates may come, but he’s no longer unavailable and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him there. 

edit: yeah what they said ^^

Edited by FloorFiller