Acts touring around Glastonbury 2021

dotdash79

Well that’s certainly one act I wasn’t expecting to be back on the scene. Fantastic if they’ve managed to get them back, and hopefully it can be kept more under wraps this time so that a lot of people forget that it was ever supposed to be a thing in the first place.

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well that’s certainly one act I wasn’t expecting to be back on the scene. Fantastic if they’ve managed to get them back, and hopefully it can be kept more under wraps this time so that a lot of people forget that it was ever supposed to be a thing in the first place.

Too late lol

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why would they be? They clearly weren’t near the headliner conversation this year.

Why wouldn’t they be? They were an unannounced special guest because they’re too big not to headline in an announced slot. If someone was to drop out of the running then the headline act hidden in the undercard would obviously get the nod over chasing some other act up for months.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why wouldn’t they be? They were an unannounced special guest because they’re too big not to headline in an announced slot. If someone was to drop out of the running then the headline act hidden in the undercard would obviously get the nod over chasing some other act up for months.

My theory, and this is just a theory, is that if Macca were to decline to return there would be plenty of acts the Eavii would ask before turning to Aerosmith.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My theory, and this is just a theory, is that if Macca were to decline to return there would be plenty of acts the Eavii would ask before turning to Aerosmith.

You should write your theories in a Word document and move them immediately to the Recycle Bin.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I agree and certainly think if a headliner did drop out, they wouldn’t immediately turn to someone they’d already booked ask a non-headliner. I think a new (as in not already booked) act like RHCP would be higher on the list of potential replacements tbh.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I agree and certainly think if a headliner did drop out, they wouldn’t immediately turn to someone they’d already booked ask a non-headliner. I think a new (as in not already booked) act like RHCP would be higher on the list of potential replacements tbh.

Yeah, not sure how that would work... Aerosmith already booked, but rather than give them the bump up, you go to the Chili peppers?!?!?

Aerosmith are easily big enough to headline and getting them to accept any lower was an absolute coup and I'm sure one of the reasons they agreed to it was that Macca was the one they'd be supporting. If they got passed over in favour of RHCP they'd be duty-bound to pull out!

• Like 1

Did Michael Kiwanuka have similarly close dates to Glastonbury this year or is this is a good sign that he’s signed up to play 2021? His absence from the 2020 lineup seemed odd, or more specifically, his inclusion on the 2019 lineup before his awesome new album a few months later seemed odd.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Did Michael Kiwanuka have similarly close dates to Glastonbury this year or is this is a good sign that he’s signed up to play 2021? His absence from the 2020 lineup seemed odd, or more specifically, his inclusion on the 2019 lineup before his awesome new album a few months later seemed odd.

Yeah this is a postponement from day after Glasto 2020 to day after Glasto 2021.

Does mean he’s in the area and not doing the festival consecutive years. Could come in if space opens up.