When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes I know, I’m talking generally about guidelines and laws. 

Just ignore them, it’s a slippery slope of you start to take them in.

I went down that slope many years ago to be fair! 

I think skepticism of what we're told is useful considering what sometimes comes out years after events - but yes I do take it too far sometimes!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I saw this earlier and wasn't sure what to make of it, but from your experience this makes a lot of sense. I don't even know if this means we actually have more positives than we see or less!

Hospitalisations are up, ICU occupancy is up, positivity% of tests are up.

The virus is on the up.

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Trouble is that, whether we like it or not, sooner or later the world will have to take a pragmatic approach.  Over time the costs of locking down and isolating en masse will end up outweighing the benefits.  I'm not suggesting it's every man for himself or that we treat old or vulnerable people as collateral damage, and it's not just about economics and numbers, but at some point the human cost of one will outweigh the other.

Unless we end up with a miracle vaccine or treatment any time soon, they're conversations that will need to be had. It's just going to be a case of taking the least shit options :(

We just need to be careful I think how we word these things in discussion. Joys of communicating on the internet and all that.

I’ve been thinking this for a while. Full Lockdown worked but it was a one off. I think people generally will have had enough by the end of Winter. By March we’re either pursuing Herd Immunity because there will be a critical mass of people who are done with it and would rather take their chances, or we have a Vaccine. If it’s the former that difficult and unpleasant conversation will need to be had.

57 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

High temp ? And breathing ok ? 

I’m breathing okay but my throat is really sore that it feels like there’s a lot of pressure on my throat, if that makes sense? It’s weird sensation.

the high temp thing is just bizarre. Never really experienced anything like it.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m breathing okay but my throat is really sore that it feels like there’s a lot of pressure on my throat, if that makes sense? It’s weird sensation.

the high temp thing is just bizarre. Never really experienced anything like it.

Fevers are rank. I had the flu (or maybe Covid...?) at the start of the year and it was hideous. Most ill I’ve ever felt. Take it easy dude. Hot bath is good if you have one!

Anyone else got the ONS study request? Got one today and I'm considering it. Do a throat and nose swab every week for four weeks and then once a month for 12 months. Possible blood tests too. You get a £50 voucher for taking part and possibly more for doing more as you go along.

Debating whether to do it or not. Would like to help but are the swabs really horrible? Also anyone know what the voucher is for as it doesn't seem to say?

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else got the ONS study request? Got one today and I'm considering it. Do a throat and nose swab every week for four weeks and then once a month for 12 months. Possible blood tests too. You get a £50 voucher for taking part and possibly more for doing more as you go along.

Debating whether to do it or not. Would like to help but are the swabs really horrible? Also anyone know what the voucher is for as it doesn't seem to say?

Dunno about the voucher but can speak to the swab test.

Yeah, it’s pretty unpleasant, and it feels like you have to go for a really time with how awkward it feels. I think it’s doable once a week for £50 though. I personally found the nose bit the hardest as I kept sneezing. The throat wasn’t too bad, but my gag reflex isn’t too bad.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The app on the news I spoke about was Scotland unfortunately.... ours in the England is limited to this at present 

FD25D7BF-865B-42D7-8847-E802CEDDA4C7.png

And I believe it only works within Newham itself as you get an alert when you leave the borough saying so. Not sure how that works if you bump into another Newham resident but in say, Kensington, who has the virus.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I presume  thats an antibody test in there .... Id be really intrigued as to wether Id had it ? not that it would gain me anything .....

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dunno about the voucher but can speak to the swab test.

Yeah, it’s pretty unpleasant, and it feels like you have to go for a really time with how awkward it feels. I think it’s doable once a week for £50 though. I personally found the nose bit the hardest as I kept sneezing. The throat wasn’t too bad, but my gag reflex isn’t too bad.

Cheers! I think I might do it. 

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I presume  thats an antibody test in there .... Id be really intrigued as to wether Id had it ? not that it would gain me anything .....

There's an antibody test potentially, but not everyone gets it. Not sure how they determine that. I would also really like to have one! Much less bothered about the blood tests part. I give blood regularly so not squeamish about that at all!

It's also quite appealing to have a free test at home every week for the next four weeks especially if seeing other people...

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think the point of the thread was theory that a bunch of Trump voters just not taking part in polls or surveys....

Yeah but that doesn't effect my point, if you ask the people who do respond who they voted last time and you are finding you are getting more Clintons than you would expect in an area then you adjust your results accordingly.

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Anyone think that we'll get some deal with EU and Johnson will claim it's an amazing deal and a great victory for this country and the only reason he got such a great deal was because they made EU really think UK would leave without a deal?

My guess is that he’ll sell out NI again to get a concession on state aid in the rest of the UK...or at least, my guess is that’s his plan. What he might end up with is sanctions rather than tariffs.