When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

So say, erm, hypothetically, somebody's parents were to travel to their house outside the area. They're more than happy for these people to go into the pubs near us, but not into our house even though we don't really go anywhere apart from masked up to the supermarket. Logical. 

Probably easier for us to go to Oldham and isolate when back to be honest....

Yep

When I actually just wrote my original post it just shows you how ridiculous the rules are, as Tameside borders on Oldham (higher restrictions) and Stockport (lower restrictions) :( 

Edited by shoptildrop

Nice divide and stir piece by the Daily Fail!! Rather than cases are rising everywhere and it's best to be preventive before it gets worse as seen in Leicester, Manchester and Brum

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8717509/How-38MILLION-people-live-areas-hardly-affected-coronavirus.html

4 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I can only imagine how chaotic the next few days will be at the Portuguese airports after this, it seems to me all major holiday destinations bar Italy are now off the list 

My housemate was looking at Italy holidays as they are cheap. I asked him what he would do if he has to quarantine for two weeks. I can’t not go to work just because he wanted a holiday. 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Valid point. I just worry that they’re all going to fail in stage 3 and we’ll be left with lifelong lockdown or go for herd immunity :( 

I suppose slowly we creep towards herd immunity either by default or plan ... but if you look at the numbers of vaccines in progress  the chances are good of something from what im seeing .... I asked previously but does anyone know the current swedish immunity numbers edit found it 30 % is what I can find  

Edited by crazyfool1

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thought they had for mers...and that was the oxford group and one of the reasons they're ahead...?

They were on their way with one but as MERS petered put it wasn’t in anyone’s interest to keep going. However the work they did is part of the reason we have been able to develop a vaccine so quickly this time round. 

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

My housemate was looking at Italy holidays as they are cheap. I asked him what he would do if he has to quarantine for two weeks. I can’t not go to work just because he wanted a holiday. 

There’s no obligation for households of those quarantining from abroad to quarantine 

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Thread about shy Trump voters...not actually shy, just not taking part in polls...

What I don't get with all this "shy Trump" worry is that pollsters typically ask who you voted for last time if the number who say Trump is smaller than expected then you can adjust your weightings accordingly. 

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

What I don't get with all this "shy Trump" worry is that pollsters typically ask who you voted for last time if the number who say Trump is smaller than expected then you can adjust your weightings accordingly. 

I think the point of the thread was theory that a bunch of Trump voters just not taking part in polls or surveys....

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What’s the point of the quarantine then? 

The requirement is on the individual coming back from the high risk areas and only if they develop symptoms you'd have to isolate in line with usual guidance. 

Another reason why testing arrivals at day 1 and 5 with quarantine in between would be a better system. 

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

What’s the point of the quarantine then? 

To reduce the transmission of imported cases (not to eliminate altogether) . In the guidance it says that you should aim to keep 2m away in the house from someone that’s quarantining and be extra careful about hygiene etc, but there’s no advice that you should quarantine or not go to work. When my sister came back from France my parents still worked, she just stayed in her room a lot of sat on the opposite sofa that’s 2m away 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro