When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

People need to get a grip and stop being pedantic arseholes. 

The message is blatantly clear in that tweet. 

I don't think in any universe would any version of me think someone would respond finding an issue like that with that tweet. Staggering levels of pedantry. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

I don't think in any universe would any version of me think someone would respond finding an issue like that with that tweet. Staggering levels of pedantry. 

Not really. See previous commentary on stupid people, loophooles and our ultimate futility as a functioning species.

He's not calling for Starmer to be shot or apologise or be put in stocks. Think we're all getting a little overheated on this.

Bloody internet.

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Please forgive my ignorance but why is mask problematic? 

Do I need to stop using it? 

To put it simply, the rules/guidelines don’t suggest that “masks” need to be worn in certain scenarios in the UK, but they do suggest that people must cover their faces.

Masks are just one type (the most popular type) of face covering that can be used. You can also use a bandana, scarf, t-shirt and many other creative form of face covering.

There are plenty right wing weirdos that are happy to cover their face but hate the word mask. Using the much friendlier term will increase compliance.

There are also people that can not afford proper masks, or have hidden disabilities which prevent them using proper masks, but they can use makeshift face coverings like an old t-shirt.

This isn’t a huge issue and Starmer is absolutely the man to lead the party of which I am a card carrying member, and to lead the country after the next general election. I just wish the word mask would become a bit less prominent and replaced with the proper term “face covering” as per the law and guidance 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not really. See previous commentary on stupid people, loophooles and our ultimate futility as a functioning species.

He's not calling for Starmer to be shot or apologise or be put in stocks. Think we're all getting a little overheated on this.

Bloody internet.

There was no need to point it out, all he said was ‘mask’. It comes across to me as pedantic, that’s all 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, mazola said:

Jesus Christ this thread does my head in, I'm only here for toiletduck and stats but the amount of bollocks I wade through every day is starting feel not worth it.

You could always tag TD so that you get notifications when he posts?  Or just check his profile for content he posts and jump straight to it?

That's not intended as a pissy response, but you've definitely been around long enough to know that any thread will meander off on tangents.  And it is a general thread about all of the associated bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

You could always tag TD so that you get notifications when he posts?  Or just check his profile for content he posts and jump straight to it?

That's not intended as a pissy response, but you've definitely been around long enough to know that any thread will meander off on tangents.  And it is a general thread about all of the associated bollocks.

It's like smoking, have to pop in every few hours even though I know it's not good for me.