When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

When I say that I think the situation is going to be like this for the foreseeable future it’s not based on just nothing.

I had a test on Monday and I haven’t had my results back yet... 4 fucking days and I haven’t got my result.

Imagine if I wasn’t someone who would happily lock themselves in their apartment until they know the result? Imagine if I was someone who would just get bored and go on with their life?

The system we have in place is a joke. Our government simply doesn’t know what it’s doing. If people are waiting weeks to find out if they had I have 0 faith in any other method they will introduce. It will be just as messy.

Covid will go on for as long as it can physically go on. Honestly. We ain’t out of the woods for a long time.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I've said it before - I actually don't care if contracts are given to their mates/their own companies if they actually deliver. It's just capitalism. But they never deliver, despite the fact it would make their lives much easier and make them more popular

It's nepotism, not capitalism. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

When I say that I think the situation is going to be like this for the foreseeable future it’s not based on just nothing.

I had a test on Monday and I haven’t had my results back yet... 4 fucking days and I haven’t got my result.

Imagine if I wasn’t someone who would happily lock themselves in their apartment until they know the result? Imagine if I was someone who would just get bored and go on with their life?

The system we have in place is a joke. Our government simply doesn’t know what it’s doing. If people are waiting weeks to find out if they had I have 0 faith in any other method they will introduce. It will be just as messy.

Covid will go on for as long as it can physically go on. Honestly. We ain’t out of the woods for a long time.

Deleted - stupid post

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I saw this earlier and wasn't sure what to make of it, but from your experience this makes a lot of sense. I don't even know if this means we actually have more positives than we see or less!

Ah yes a random person on Twitter sharing a random comment from what looks like the Daily Mail, seems like something that’s gonna be worth believing. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Ah yes a random person on Twitter sharing a random comment from what looks like the Daily Mail, seems like something that’s gonna be worth believing. 

No more or less believable than government statements...it's worth entertaining the idea that it could be true when everything in the "real" media is agenda driven too....

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How are you health wise ? 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

No more or less believable than government statements...it's worth entertaining the idea that it could be true when everything in the "real" media is agenda driven too....

Come on now, let’s not give fake news and conspiracy theories room to breathe. I trust what the CMO says, he hasn’t given me any reason to doubt him. He’s surely a better source than Speakthetruth111.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Come on now, let’s not give fake news and conspiracy theories room to breathe. I trust what the CMO says, he hasn’t given me any reason to doubt him. He’s surely a better source than Speakthetruth111.

i definitely give them room to breathe at the moment - something isn't right but I'll never know what it is so I know I need to give it a rest. There just isn't much else to do at the moment 😂 (nor will there for a long time...)

Edited by efcfanwirral

My utterly thick "I want to breathe oxygen, not wear a mask" colleague shared some more wisdom on instagram today - "if you feel unwell DON'T GET A TEST! The more people get tested and have positive results, the longer this will go on for! Don't give the government the cases, and they can't use them to lock us down!"

Honestly, I despair.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How are you health wise ? 

Feeling just a bit weak and weird. Can’t get comfortable. It could be much much worse but I feel like I’m overdressed but if I take anything off I feel really cold.

No cough which is weird. Very sore throat and weird taste in my tongue.

Other than that I’m alright.

edit: also I feel like I can’t feel “clean”. Even after a shower I feel really sweaty.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

No it doesn’t. There is literally no advice anywhere in the UK that says your whole household needs to isolate if you come from abroad.

Yes I know, I’m talking generally about guidelines and laws. 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

i definitely give them room to breathe at the moment - something isn't right but I'll never know what it is so I know I need to give it a rest. There just isn't much else to do at the moment 😂 (nor will there for a long time...)

Just ignore them, it’s a slippery slope of you start to take them in.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Feeling just a bit weak and weird. Can’t get comfortable. It could be much much worse but I feel like I’m overdressed but if I take anything off I feel really cold.

No cough which is weird. Very sore throat and weird taste in my tongue.

Other than that I’m alright.

edit: also I feel like I can’t feel “clean”. Even after a shower I feel really sweaty.

High temp ? And breathing ok ? 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes I know, I’m talking generally about guidelines and laws. 

Just ignore them, it’s a slippery slope of you start to take them in.

Oh yeah fair enough if you’re making a general point. I haven’t gone to any gatherings anywhere near 30, although I’ll admit that I’ve had gatherings of 8-10 people from 4-5 households. I’ve been a lot more careful since I had my own scare though.