When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, stuie said:

The majority of people are ordering drinks and food via the spoons app which also has your details for track and trace.

my local spoons has a QR code which you can with your smartphone on entry.

19 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

As I’ve been saying for ages now masks need to be compulsory for shop workers to protect the staff from further outbreaks and further improve customer compliance.

I also believe masks should be mandatory for pub and restaurant staff and should be mandatory for customers when in those indoor spaces but not sat at your table, this will have a massive effect on reducing transmission in outbreaks in pubs and restaurants and bars.

Contact tracing needs to be mandatory from now on, if you don’t provide details, name, phone and address, you can’t eat there.

Get rapid testing going and all airport arrivals get a free rapid test.

Face coverings mandatory in all secondary schools apart from when sat at desks in lessons.

All of these things can stop a second wave being as bad as we are forecasting right now. Right now we are witnessing number of cases going up, hospital admissions starting to slowly increase BUT public compliance of social distancing and mask wearing is going down. This needs to be turned around, and fast.

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Almost certain Lanarkshire is going to be added to the "no household visitation" in the next 24 hours and unfortunately there's a small but non-zero chance the whole of Scotland will follow by Thursday. I am also hearing that some senior voices in the Scottish government are lobbying to extend Glasgow's restrictions to a full blown local lockdown with pubs and restaurants closing and residents advised to stay at home apart from shopping and exercise.

I think the only answer without completely ruining the economy is to stop the household visitation across the whole UK for a bit. Not forever, just a rolling couple of weeks thing to see if it helps. It's clear that economy is important, and apparently physical learning with full classes in school is so we have to stop something, and that something needs to be being in other people's homes.

Obviously do some sort of system where people on their own can either buddy up or join another household in name

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think the only answer without completely ruining the economy is to stop the household visitation across the whole UK for a bit. Not forever, just a rolling couple of weeks thing to see if it helps. It's clear that economy is important, and apparently physical learning with full classes in school is so we have to stop something, and that something needs to be being in other people's homes.

Obviously do some sort of system where people on their own can either buddy up or join another household in name

They should really allow any households to form a bubble, not just single adult households. Also allow non-cohabiting couples to form a bubble together.

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

The majority of people are ordering drinks and food via the spoons app which also has your details for track and trace.

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

duh yes of course it does .... 

My club bar has a barcode outside, register name and phone number on the link.  If you get to the bar and they check the weblink and your name hasn't come up as registered, you don't get served.  Works pretty well!

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

IOC VP says that the Tokyo 2021 games are a go regardless of the coronavirus, "these will be the games that conquered COVID."

Yeah given that the vast majority of sports have returned I thought they'd go ahead regardless. I think there will be a lot of testing, isolation of positive cases etc. I can see a lot of the athletes going to Japan early so that if they do have to quarantine they'll have finished their 14 days before the games start.

9 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah given that the vast majority of sports have returned I thought they'd go ahead regardless. I think there will be a lot of testing, isolation of positive cases etc. I can see a lot of the athletes going to Japan early so that if they do have to quarantine they'll have finished their 14 days before the games start.

but will people be spectating?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I'm going with a soft no right now but that could change

How about the football Euros? Wondering if it would make more sense to host that tournament in one country rather than all over the continent? But then they’re going ahead with the Nations League...

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

How about the football Euros? Wondering if it would make more sense to host that tournament in one country rather than all over the continent? But then they’re going ahead with the Nations League...

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

The Euros could have gone ahead this summer tbh but they cancelled it hastily and then used the time to complete league seasons. TBH I'd be shocked if it isn't played next year, and I think they'll push on and do their "festival of football" as opposed to moving it to one country. I think the crowds will be determined by the rules of each individual host country and each team will have to keep their players in a biosecure bubble throughout the tournament.

33 minutes ago, zahidf said:

2948 cases in the UK reported today.

On a Monday when numbers are normally low is not the best sign in the world. I feel like today would be a good time for a press briefing from the big hitters to reassure the nation or to refocus minds.