When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think that's the guidance but the law is up to 30? Allowing for two households to be up to 30?

Not sure how that applies to weddings, funerals etc.

Yeah that might be it, I don’t need it to be law for me to keep to the guidelines.

Unless it changed recently to allow more.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What would happen if we were in Australia and NZ right now ... I’m absolutely certain the response would be harder and faster ... 

Not to defend the Tories but NZ and Oz aren’t one of the biggest crossroads of international trade and business. 

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What would happen if we were in Australia and NZ right now ... I’m absolutely certain the response would be harder and faster ... 

I wouldn't wish their current restrictions on us personally - when governments get that crazy level of control over a population they don't usually give it back. Their levels of intervention at the moment for me are...a stretch for a virus like this. They must be a lot more confident of re-election there than our lot! 

That said, I would say it we are to ever get Aus/NZ style restrictions it'll be to coincide with Brexit - any and all protests are then "breaking restrictions" 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:42 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I don't think we can make comparisons to March really - as people have said we were testing hardly anyone then, so if numbers exceed the March numbers it definitely doesn't mean we are in a worse position than March. Also we have some treatments now that do seem to lessen severity of the disease and reduce deaths.

That said we definitely do have to be cautious and we don't know much at all about the long-term effects. 

@parsonjack has a handy little graph for showing ratio of tests to cases; hopefully he will update.

Sorry been away for a couple of days.....here's the graph of the ratio between positive tests/tests carried out.  The peak rate in late June was around 0.014 which equates to approx 1 positive case in 77 tests.  This dropped to a low of 0.0032 on 10 July which equated to 1 positive case in 312 tests.

Recent weeks have seen the ratio climbing gradually but as we now don't get testing figures until Thursday's the graph doesn't show data after 2 Sept, and is therefore yet to take account of the big rises in last couple of days.  By my reckoning though we will need a testing figure of 214,000 to stay under the June peak....and that would be some 5000 higher than the peak daily tests recorded so far.... 🤔

20200908_113344.jpg

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Sorry been away for a couple of days.....here's the graph of the ratio between positive tests/tests carried out.  The peak rate in late June was around 0.014 which equates to approx 1 positive case in 77 tests.  This dropped to a low of 0.0032 on 10 July which equated to 1 positive case in 312 tests.

Recent weeks have seen the ratio climbing gradually but as we now don't get testing figures until Thursday's the graph doesn't show data after 2 Sept, and is therefore yet to take account of the big rises in last couple of days.  By my reckoning though we will need a testing figure of 214,000 to stay under the June peak....and that would be some 5000 higher than the peak daily tests recorded so far.... 🤔

20200908_113344.jpg

Hmm.  Whichever way you cut it, genuine infection seems to be on the up.