When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I guess the big question is whether it'd be a European style system or a US one - I think we all assume it'll be US just because it makes the most money for people, and obviously 'European' is a dirty concept now. 

But if it's the German etc system people won't be out of pocket and it would probably be better so it might be a reasonable middle ground. I'd probably even support that system. 

But my level of trust is purely that they'll try to be as American as possible now they can

I'm more worried if they scapegoat him and kick him out - they'll likely not have a majority like this again so if they're ever going to try....

Remember that a large bunch of Tory MPs are Johnson’s hand picked red wall candidates, they won’t backstab him because they agree with his policies 

The more economically right wing might backstab him, but the socially right Uber-Brexiteers will keep him afloat IMHO. 

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm more worried if they scapegoat him and kick him out - they'll likely not have a majority like this again so if they're ever going to try....

yeah, true - the flaw in my idea. And i expect him to be gone by this time next year.

Followed by Gove, who's the geezer really in charge at the moment anyway. Damn, I forgot about Gove. ;) 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, true - the flaw in my idea. And i expect him to be gone by this time next year.

Followed by Gove, who's the geezer really in charge at the moment anyway. Damn, I forgot about Gove. ;) 

Do we expect that with Dom running the country. Not sure he would stay around but would surely topple people in the way of Boris

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Once their is a vaccine of some sort, he'll resign with his illness from Covid as the excuse. So yeah, summer next year is a good bet

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Once their is a vaccine of some sort, he'll resign with his illness from Covid as the excuse. So yeah, summer next year is a good bet

Said this so many times.

He’ll go to the after-dinner circuit with his head held high claiming that he led this country through the toughest period in modern history - while suffering from the virus himself and fathering a new child. Let’s not forget the book deal for the bestseller of Christmas 2021 either...

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Said this so many times.

He’ll go to the after-dinner circuit with his head held high claiming that he led this country through the toughest period in modern history - while suffering from the virus himself and fathering a new child. Let’s not forget the book deal for the bestseller of Christmas 2021 either...

you're forgetting the shitstain of brexit he'll have. 

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Definately good news ... although the vulnerable have been hiding away and obviously some have unfortunately died during the pandemic ... lower deaths after would be a fairly likely consequence 

Edited by crazyfool1

Just watching Michelle Obama from the convention last night. Feeling a massive sense of dread that Trump and his tactics are going to win the day again. I don’t think the Democrats are savvy enough to counter him. Seems like the majority of Americans don’t want him as president, but I can just him squeaking out a win again.

Great to see Deaths are on the wane and we are all now focusing on the rates of infection. It seems the UK is heading the right direction. Having scanned over the last few pages with the focus presently on the exam results farce I didn't see mention of the massive pool party that was held in Wuhan, not a mask in sight,  transition rate down to virtually zero! Whilst not ignoring its bloody Wuhan ffs, surely good news, albeit we were late on practically anything, at least hope for next year? I'll be watching to here if any outbreaks in Wuhan anytime soon. However no doubt it'll be coveted up.

Just now, jparx said:

Just watching Michelle Obama from the convention last night. Feeling a massive sense of dread that Trump and his tactics are going to win the day again. I don’t think the Democrats are savvy enough to counter him. Seems like the majority of Americans don’t want him as president, but I can just him squeaking out a win again.

I though it a great speech albeit a bit hushed, it's a pity it was not in front of a rauchous crowd where you need to vocalise a bit louder, the points raised however of course are all obvious, but like you I fear all us lost already,  it is close, where it really shouldn't be at all. I can see the postal farce is going to make a mockery of the vote. Trumps doing his level best to make it so.

4 minutes ago, ghandi said:

I though it a great speech albeit a bit hushed, it's a pity it was not in front of a rauchous crowd where you need to vocalise a bit louder, the points raised however of course are all obvious, but like you I fear all us lost already,  it is close, where it really shouldn't be at all. I can see the postal farce is going to make a mockery of the vote. Trumps doing his level best to make it so.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump decides that mask wearing while voting is illegal due to identification purposes. Coupled with the crippling of the postal service it’s an absolute mockery of a democratic system. So much for the “Land of the free”

7 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Yeah it was a great speech for sure. Just feel like she was preaching to the converted and too many will not vote due to how difficult Trump will make it. 

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah it was a great speech for sure. Just feel like she was preaching to the converted and too many will not vote due to how difficult Trump will make it. 

I think they know what they are doing this time, they are really going all out to try to defeat Trump. Hopefully it’ll work.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I worry too...but at moment I still think Trump is going to lose. His supporters are loud, but they are a minority. If Biden can keep potential democrat voters united, if he can hold in to Sanders supporters, ethnic minority voters, women, elderly, plus attract republicans who want Trump gone, then it's in the bag. But...at same time, with Trump, and events, you never know.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Six deaths UK wide reported on Tuesday, which is usually the highest day of the week. It’s pretty clear that deaths are pretty low now, I really hope the virus is becoming less deadly and our doctors are getting better at treating it, and that it’s not just a lag 

We have had some 0 death days ... under new reporting system ... let’s hope for   more this week ... elsewhere though huge numbers are still dying :( so it’s not gone anywhere ... 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Six deaths UK wide reported on Tuesday, which is usually the highest day of the week. It’s pretty clear that deaths are pretty low now, I really hope the virus is becoming less deadly and our doctors are getting better at treating it, and that it’s not just a lag 

I mean, worldwide daily deaths are climbing, and on average there’s over 5,000 people dying a day due to the virus. So it’s not getting any less deadly unfortunately, it’s just been artificially suppressed in this country which means the deaths are significantly lower than they were during the peak of our first wave.

A00A1558-BFF5-4598-AD76-A34B34D33222.thumb.jpeg.79c0ee829dc19369e5ffa51377f2334b.jpeg

taken from worldometer.