When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd love to know what's going on there. Surely they know what they can get away with and what is borderline and this was never going to fly - so why bother trying? 

They have a majority and can do whatever they want. (Personally I thought they'd front this one up til it went away like the Cummings thing). so why all this back and forth nonsense? Is it to distract from Brexit? Surely not coronavirus- anyone who would ever vote for them are more pissed off at restrictions than the deaths earlier in the year now. 

It's absolutely baffling - either do it while knowing you'll get temporary shit for it and stick to it til people forget....or just don't and do something you know will work. Its like they simultaneously dont care about what people think while also it being the only thing that matters 

They simply don't care.... remember Bojo called the algorithm "Robust and Fair" over the weekend but I bet we don't hear an apology from him

I fear for how many students have lost Uni places because of this and let's not forget BTec students have not had their results at all!!! So what is happening with them?

3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Just listening to the head of bearded theory on the radio saying that they are hoping for the best but planning for the worse. 

he also said the dcms think a vaccine will be out by the end of the year. 

so the good news is I need to survive just  another 4 months :) 

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I've never seen such a backlash from so many right leaning media sources in such a short amount of time, its entirely damning of Boris when he had so much backing just 8 months ago 

They were saying on Sky News just now that this is the worst front pages for the Tories since Major when we crashed out of the Exchange mechanism. 

Once again I am confused, please can someone help me understand what the hell the governments face mask policy is? A friend is at Junkyard golf club in hackney tonight with some friends, obviously it's an indoor entertainment venue, but no masks being worn by friend (or her friends) or anyone else there from the pictures they've posted- really confused as thought they were supposed to be compulsory in indoor attractions!? 

---

On a side note I've done my first eat out to help out tonight. Local Thai restaurant. In terms of covid measures they couldn't have really done more to be honest; sanitising tables after every guest, made you put hand sanitiser when you came in, perspex screens between tables and all staff in masks and gloves. They also had a sign outside asking customers to wear masks when in the restaurant but not seated, and can take them off when sat at your table (same as the German policy- logical to me). Only about 50-60% of people were adhering to this, and to be honest I found that impressive given its not an official government regulation. Wore my mask going in, got taken to the table, took it off for the meal, and put it back on to go to the toilets and then leave again. Lots of people wearing masks when going to the toilet and moving around the restaurant too which was good.

The food was delicious, and we got the maximum £10 off each, had starters and main courses and the portions were huge and the food was amazing quality. Really delicious. But I can't help but feel the whole experience was a bit stressful. The staff were clearly working off their feet and were clearly so knackered the restaurant was so bloody packed, it must have been fully booked and they were really having to rush around the whole time. They forgot my order but swiftly rectified it. Cant complain given the massive discounts, but then I just feel like because of the discount it was so busy and much more chaotic than I was expecting it to be!

It was nice to eat out again, and I will be taking advantage of the offer when I go away next week, and the food was delicious, but the staff clearly weren't enjoying how busy it was with the discount and I would have perhaps preferred a quieter more relaxed restaurant than a noisy and a chaotic one.

• Upvote 1