When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is there a bit of lack of understanding of this from him? I get what he's saying for the medium term (10 days or so onwards) but if they're going to run out of beds in London in a few days surely that's happening whatever regardless of case numbers? 

He was pushing for tier 2 over tier 3 in december...

Also did anyone see grant schnapps has delayed the test requirement for arrivals from Friday until Monday? What a complete joke, they are just letting more variants in every day as we speak. When will these idiots learn.

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

He was pushing for tier 2 over tier 3 in december...

Also did anyone see grant schnapps has delayed the test requirement for arrivals from Friday until Monday? What a complete joke, they are just letting more variants in every day as we speak. When will these idiots learn.

Wow, just wow.

They were doing testing as long ago as last Summer in some parts of the World.

And now finally (finally) the UK govt trails it in the press on 5 January, expected to be announced that day.

It then slips and then slips again. 

Finally announced it's coming in on 15 January.

Now it's delayed again to 18 January.

And all whilst we are told by the same people of deadly variants in South Africa (3 weeks ago) and Brazil.

At what point does their behaviour stop being incompetent and start becoming criminal?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Wow, just wow.

And now finally (finally) the UK govt trails it in the press on 5 January, expected to be announced that day.

And all whilst we are told by the same people of deadly variants in South Africa (3 weeks ago) and Brazil.

At what point does their behaviour stop being incompetent and start becoming criminal?

It’s almost as if they want the virus rampaging in the UK...

Perhaps they’ve gone back to the initial ideas of herd immunity...?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Every few days I mentally go back and forth as to whether this government is brazenly malicious or just deeply incompetent, and then I remember that somehow the answer is both.

• Upvote 2

Walking back to the station i saw 3 large American guys walking towards me, real big guys, one carrying a flag and another a sign saying "Corona massive SCAM"  even though each one of them was about 3 times my size i couldn't stop myself looking the guy with the sign in the eyes and laughing with of course a shake of the head. He just looked at me and said, "yeh, i know its hard to believe ain't it"!

What planet are these people on!

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Wow, just wow.

I really don't understand the reason for pushing this back further and further, is it the airlines complaining?

Are the government really that pissweak?

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think this will be a reality check for some people and echos what I have been saying for months now. We need to give these vaccines a chance to start working, they are not a silver bullet in themselves. It's the reason why big festivals simply will not happen this year.

We need to focus on the here and now and try to bulldoze restrictions down. 

The next 12 months will be very telling in terms of how long and how badly this virus will effect how we interact with each other for the rest of our lives.

Edited by MrBarry465

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

It’s almost as if they want the virus rampaging in the UK...

Perhaps they’ve gone back to the initial ideas of herd immunity...?

I think it is more likely, given their form for this kind of thing, they were trying to find a way to make some sort of deal with a crony for the testing (or admin or the testing, or checking people on the way in, or literally anything really - literally any way they can give money to an old school chum)

A thread going into compliance with the restrictions which shows based on an ongoing study by the UCL that compliance remains good and is actually up from November. So the issue is that cases aren’t falling by a faster amount as the restrictions aren’t strict enough. 

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

A thread going into compliance with the restrictions which shows based on an ongoing study by the UCL that compliance remains good and is actually up from November. So the issue is that cases aren’t falling by a faster amount as the restrictions aren’t strict enough. 

The interesting bit in there for me is another data source on the “people not following isolation with symptoms” which we’ve known about since the start is a massive problem, but which the gov have done basically nothing to address besides a token £500 for a minority.

3 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Walking back to the station i saw 3 large American guys walking towards me, real big guys, one carrying a flag and another a sign saying "Corona massive SCAM"  even though each one of them was about 3 times my size i couldn't stop myself looking the guy with the sign in the eyes and laughing with of course a shake of the head. He just looked at me and said, "yeh, i know its hard to believe ain't it"!

What planet are these people on!

same planet as us unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

The interesting bit in there for me is another data source on the “people not following isolation with symptoms” which we’ve known about since the start is a massive problem, but which the gov have done basically nothing to address besides a token £500 for a minority.

Yep it’s a massive issue. My Mother in Law works in a factory, and if she has to isolate due to getting COVID, or being a close contact she only receives £100 a week sick pay. She’s not eligible for the £500, so she completely falls through the cracks. 

Its a huge issue that the government have not addressed properly. People should receive  full pay for taking time off work due to COVID. Why bother getting a test, if you know a potential outcome is trying to survive on £400 a month?

Edited by zero000

Just now, zero000 said:

Yep it’s a massive issue. My Mother in Law works in a factory, and if she has to isolate due to getting COVID, or being a close contact she only receives £100 a week sick pay. She’s not eligible for the £500, so she completely falls through the cracks. 

Its a huge issue that the government have not addressed properly. People should receive  full pay for taking time off work. Why bother getting a test, if you know a potential outcome is trying to survive on £400 a month?

They won’t have done it because of that snide Tory mentality of ‘urrrbrughbrugh but the poor people will skive off.”

18 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Yes that’s a very big problem, it’s simply not enough and means that some people will avoid either having a test or ignoring the result. It’s one area I’m really not sure why the government has done more on, well I do know it’s because they would have to give money to poorer people instead of their friends. 

39 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He says compliance is generally good, but he does highlight that a lot of people still aren't self isolating with symptoms. Again I do think that's on the government to provide better support to incentivise people, but it's down to public too. A friend of mine recently had a test and then told me she went to Sainsburys while waiting for a result! I was pretty staggered by that. She was negative thankfully. Speeding up testing would also help.

I can't see how anyone with any sense can not look at this government and see it as an utter abject failure. Every major decision they have got wrong, they have U turned constantly and failed in protecting the country and its people.

1. Boris said he would shake everyones hands at the beginning of the pandemic in hospitals
  2. U turned on school meals
  3. Said schools were safe and not a vector and literally went back 24 hours later 
  4. Ignored lockdown on calls 3/4 times only to put into effect afterwards\
  5. PPE scandal (cronyism) 
  6. Being shamed into school meals by a footballer 
  7. Delaying 2nd of the vaccine where there is no evidence to support (why isn't this a bigger scandal) 
  8. The latest school meals disaster 
  9. Boris missing Cobra meetings at the beginning of the crisis 
  10. The constant lying about 
  11. A track and trace system that has cost billions but doesn't work 
  12. Eat out to help out 
  13. Nightingale hospitals that don't have the staff
  14. Voting against Nurses pay rises 
  15. Never having any border controls 

These are just off the top of my head this morning. Look at OZ and NZ and where they are now.

So my question is how are they polling so high still?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

He says compliance is generally good, but he does highlight that a lot of people still aren't self isolating with symptoms. Again I do think that's on the government to provide better support to incentivise people, but it's down to public too. A friend of mine recently had a test and then told me she went to Sainsburys while waiting for a result! I was pretty staggered by that. She was negative thankfully. Speeding up testing would also help.

Oh yeah for sure, that’s spot on. But it’s interesting to see that compliance is the highest it’s been since the first lockdown and has risen since November. It shows the government are trying to gaslight us into thinking it’s our fault rather than theirs.