When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Why do you think he should he be ashamed to dress like that? Are you offended by the Union Flag itself or your perceived reasons for him wearing it?

I'm genuinely interested in your reasoning as it's not an uncommon reaction.

The guy looks like he's attending a Royal Wedding if u look closely BTW.

Because it’s a hideous looking suit.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Why do you think he should he be ashamed to dress like that? Are you offended by the Union Flag itself or your perceived reasons for him wearing it?

Because he looks like a weapon

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Because it’s a hideous looking suit.

I think it's the overt 'shaming' of someone because they don't fit what one regards as the acceptable norm that bothers me most. It needlessly devisive and, I feel, often comes from those that would furiously argue again shaming in many other arenas, giving it a ring of hipocracy too.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

You’ve misunderstood my post but it’s okay I’ll walk you through it. My point was that the mail and the sun tap into a market which enjoy excessive jingoism. There is nothing wrong with loving your country and wearing your flag. Put up your VE Day bunting I endorse it. My point was that Boris is an easy idol for these newspapers, as he sells to their readership the type of Britain they like. They don’t care about Boris’s failings because he’s a proud British man, and that’s what they want over someone with globalist interests.

18 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I think it's the overt 'shaming' of someone because they don't fit what one regards as the acceptable norm that bothers me most. It needlessly devisive and, I feel, often comes from those that would furiously argue again shaming in many other arenas, giving it a ring of hipocracy too.

You’re missing the point again. My point is that for the mail and sun readership they don’t care whether boris is a crap politician, they are just crying out for a nationalist. They are willing to accept any shortcomings or incompetencies if their leader is happy dress head to toe in the British flag.

Edited by Matt42

Lockdown restrictions being eased in Wales...expect this will be what we'll all get from Monday...

1. People will be allowed to exercise to more than once a day. But it should be local and should not involve any travel.
  2. Garden centres should be open with physical distancing measure.
  3. Local authorities can plan to open libraries and recycling centres.

31 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Fair point.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Lockdown restrictions being eased in Wales...expect this will be what we'll all get from Monday...

1. People will be allowed to exercise to more than once a day. But it should be local and should not involve any travel.
  2. Garden centres should be open with physical distancing measure.
  3. Local authorities can plan to open libraries and recycling centres.

Garden centres are already open in England, though according to Mrs Yeti, social distancing, particularly among the elderly, was far from evident. 

11 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Garden centres are already open in England, though according to Mrs Yeti, social distancing, particularly among the elderly, was far from evident. 

not sure they are officially .... although they might be exploiting a loophole and selling essentials .... for example eggs to get round things ....like diy centres selling plants 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

You’ve misunderstood my post but it’s okay I’ll walk you through it. My point was that the mail and the sun tap into a market which enjoy excessive jingoism. There is nothing wrong with loving your country and wearing your flag. Put up your VE Day bunting I endorse it. My point was that Boris is an easy idol for these newspapers, as he sells to their readership the type of Britain they like. They don’t care about Boris’s failings because he’s a proud British man, and that’s what they want over someone with globalist interests.

No, I didn't misunderstand your post. 

I just wanted to explore your reasoning for the choosing that symbol to underline your point. If you don't want to discuss it fair enough. Personally I think it distracted from, and undermined, the point you were trying to make.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

There was a graph during the Welsh presentation that showed that the R being 0.8 (current prediction) would result on about 800 deaths, a movement to 1.1 R would result in around 7200 deaths.

Shows what a knife edge we're on.

Edit: Found it

image.thumb.png.7f918e0f8e6a6ed5a32a0a88132d8a31.png

Edited by Mouseboy11

33 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not sure they are officially .... although they might be exploiting a loophole and selling essentials .... for example eggs to get round things ....like diy centres selling plants 

Ah yeah, it was b&q she went to. I suppose that's not technically a garden centre. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

EXfC56NWkAEheL7.jpg

My wife was on a webinar with a couple of economists a couple of days ago and they were saying they expect the economy to be back to normal by next summer, people will spend money, buy houses etc once released back into the wild and businesses open again. It will be a short sharp recession.

30 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Ah yeah, it was b&q she went to. I suppose that's not technically a garden centre. 

B and Q are a hardware store, they were part of the essentials list of shops that could remain open. Initially they closed the stores and operated a click and collect service from their car parks, then they closed completely  to install social distancing measures in their stores before reopening a week or so ago.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Up here we’ve a ‘paper’ that thankfully doesn’t sell very well called the National.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Shame, it sounds good.

Yes, each edition has a slightly different style and no two readers can agree what are the best editions.

Edited by Cherry Tree

21 minutes ago, Smeble said:

My wife was on a webinar with a couple of economists a couple of days ago and they were saying they expect the economy to be back to normal by next summer, people will spend money, buy houses etc once released back into the wild and businesses open again. It will be a short sharp recession.

different economists have different opinions...we just don't know yet, but hopefully what you say comes true..

11 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Interesting conversation about corona with Elon Musk on the Joe Rogan podcast.  Starts around 1:16

I think Elon musk  has mental health issues, his regular rants that decimate His company’s share price, his attack on the diver who helped rescue the children in Thailand, and now him selling all his belongings and the ‘name’ he is giving his child. These are not the actions of a sane person. 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

different economists have different opinions...we just don't know yet, but hopefully what you say comes true..

Yep but these economists don’t have newspapers to sell so are a little less interested in doom and gloom.