When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

I still can’t get over how childish a concept Fake SAGE is.

Imagine a Fake FA who had pretend meetings about what should pretend happen if they pretended to be in a parallel universe where they had any sort of relevance.

Their existence is genuinely embarrassing. 

Now I think of it more fake SAGE is like those model UN groups that nerdy kids join at American universities.

We can all be reassured that they have as much real world influence at student politicians. 

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

I lost any interest in what they had to say when we have mathematicians warning us about vaccine-resistant variants when it not their area of expertise at all. Obviously very smart people but I think people should stick to what they know.

Exactly. It’d be like the BBC hiring Stormzy to front their coverage of the FA cup or making Benedict Cumberbatch their new political editor. 

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Exactly. It’d be like the BBC hiring Stormzy to front their coverage of the FA cup or making Benedict Cumberbatch their new political editor. 

This already happens, see Rachel Riley on Friday night football (thankfully only lasted 1 week) & Stephen Fry commentating on the darts.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Cases down 14% on last Monday, deaths down at 65, test positivity 0.64%.

The vaccines are absolutely killing this virus. If it was a boxing match the ref would be intervening to stop it now. 

Don't get too cocky.

1 minute ago, waltere said:

Surely that one's on Johnson and not the journalist quoting him

Yep you’re right, I read that too quickly.

Another reason Boris is a c**t. 

Edited by nikkic

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Wonder when we follow suit...

Think the issue is how do you police it? It just encourages people who believe that masks don't work or people who are lazy/forgetful not to wear it. Same goes for social distancing. People who don't have/ willing to get the vaccine would be put at greater risk. 

Just keep it till no restrictions. It really isn't a big deal 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

The issue here is we're now effectively in the November restrictions again with schools open where cases still fell so hopefully it will stay that way rather than escalate 

The difference is that weather is improving and the vulnerable vaccinated so a very different situation to November.