Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

We need a Swingometer with @eFestivals as the compere.

As a matter of interest, IF this years festival was cancelled, how would that affect you and other regulars financially? Would it be a big problem? How does the regular fallow year affect you and others? I suppose you have more time to prepare for those and can make other arrangements. (If you would rather not say that's fine - just curious).

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We would end up with Killers, Muse, Kate Bush, Biffy, Noel/Liam and Coldplay threads, do you really want to encourage that? And maybe even, god forbid, a Ball and Boe thread! 

Don't downvote me for this but I'd bloody love it we ended up with The Killers again ☺️

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Over Coldplay? 100%.

I'd be at another stage anyway obviously, I just fucking hate them.

Any headliner who stepped in during such circumstances would have so much goodwill felt towards them, they could hardly fail. 

I’m always a little baffled at the sheer vitriol towards Coldplay here. Ok, they’re not the most innovative group. Ok, CM is a bit pious and omnipresent, but they put out solid stuff and are responsible for several classics. 

Sometimes I feel like I’d rather be in the midst enjoying their set than surrounded by people who can’t stop telling everyone how awful they are (not directed at you, ZMG - I’m thinking of a family member of mine who does that). 

Edited by kalifire

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Don't downvote me for this but I'd bloody love it we ended up with The Killers again ☺️

So would I ! Bloody hell this thread is turning into a confessional !

Anyway , down votes , in my humble opinion, should only be used for offensive or crass comments not for musical tastes or opinions. 😁

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So would I ! Bloody hell this thread is turning into a confessional !

Anyway , down votes , in my humble opinion, should only be used for offensive or crass comments not for musical tastes or opinions. 😁

I agree, ages back I was given a downvote for saying I hope The Killers would headline one year.

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Any headliner who stepped in during such circumstances would have so much goodwill felt towards them, they could hardly fail. 

I’m always a little baffled at the sheer vitriol towards Coldplay here. Ok, they’re not the most innovative group. Ok, CM is a bit pious and omnipresent, but they put out solid stuff and are responsible for several classics. 

Sometimes I feel like I’d rather be in the midst enjoying their set than surrounded by people who can’t stop telling everyone how awful they are (not directed at you, ZMG - I’m thinking of a family member of mine who does that). 

I've seen Coldplay headline twice and to be fair they were decent both times, really enjoyed them, having said that I could have seen them the other 2 times as well but chose not to, so maybe that say's something.

Edited by gizmoman
spelling