Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

excellent, I'm reassured that only 250 million people will die. :o 

For people who are struggling with anxiety over this, they're better off looking at the survival rates for various age groups, and the low chances of serious complications arising for them (that's the bit that's a bit reassuring) looking at the death projections and infection rates is horrifically grim, I don't deny that. 

I prefer knowing the worst case so I can prepare myself for it, but a lot of people do really struggle, which is why I posted the article. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

<Downvote> ;)

Convention probably requires me to post a Simpsons flaming torches and pitchforks meme, but I’m reserving my energy for the inevitable riots and looting. Or at least a trip to Lidl to panic buy something irrelevant. Small jars of spices perhaps. 

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Convention probably requires me to post a Simpsons flaming torches and pitchforks meme, but I’m reserving my energy for the inevitable riots and looting. Or at least a trip to Lidl to panic buy something irrelevant. Small jars of spices perhaps. 

Does this count as stockpiling

pot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I heard that Lenor is going to be the next item to be on the shortage list. We better stock up now

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Maybe they will take a wait and see approach until end of April, then the data might give a more solid indication of whether a reschedule event in August would actually go ahead?

I imagine they're looking at these angles. As will Festival Republic and co.

Yeah. 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not the 50th festival - it’s 50 anniversary of the first festival. They can’t hold a 50th anniversary in 2021.

They certainly can! The 1970 festival was in September so the festival in June 2020 wouldn't be a true anniversary, the 1971 festival was the first one held at the solstice (June) and the first one with the pyramid stage so the 2021 festival is the "true" 50th one. (I know there's not been 50)

Edited by gizmoman

The next fortnight will give a good indication of whether it’ll go ahead (i.e if we get asked for balance payments the odds for it happening increase hugely), but if this is correct then it’s a deffo no-go Glasto show blow...

19 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Did that in February.....but at Aldi.

11 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

Does this count as stockpiling

pot.jpg

Selfish.

Spare a thought for those suffering with unseasoned casseroles.

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I heard that Lenor is going to be the next item to be on the shortage list. We better stock up now

Nothing screams post-virus apocalypse louder than queuing politely for a urinal in the middle of the night during Glastonbury Festival.

14 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

The next fortnight will give a good indication of whether it’ll go ahead (i.e if we get asked for balance payments the odds for it happening increase hugely), but if this is correct then it’s a deffo no-go Glasto show blow...

This was an incredibly dark read.

14 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Some labour MP was spouting this shit yesterday - "the world is going to change forever". It's not.

i'm going to pick up a cheap Orbital ticket for tonight in London. There are a lot of people complaining on the Facebook page that it should be cancelled. Is it irresponsible to attend, as is being suggested? By the sound of it, there will be about five other people there, and it didn't feel wrong when I went out and attended a gig in a pub last night (about 30 people there).

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

i'm going to pick up a cheap Orbital ticket for tonight in London. There are a lot of people complaining on the Facebook page that it should be cancelled. Is it irresponsible to attend, as is being suggested? By the sound of it, there will be about five other people there, and it didn't feel wrong when I went out and attended a gig in a pub last night (about 30 people there).

If you yourself are not in a risk group, or interact with large groups of people/other risk groups then why not?

Was meant to go to a gig tonight in a theatre, 1500 people. I'm in a risk group, as is my step dad and I work in a public gallery. So unfortunately I wont be going because I can't afford to get it. 

Edited by chazwwe

Shindig (in the west country at the end of May) just went:

So with that all in mind, we have begun preparations to potentially move Shindig to September. It will still take place at Dillington House & Estate as planned. Tickets purchased for May will be valid for September, and if you can't join us in September then they will be valid for our 2021's event instead.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Tetchiness on internet forums is the very start of society beginning to break down. 

Presumably society has been breaking down since the late 90's given I swear online techiness comes as standard in some places.

Maybe I'm exaggerating though... lol

47 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

Yeah... this is not the most positive of reading. But then it is getting to the point that this is a proper massive crisis so I guess there's going to be a lot of headlines like this for a few weeks.

56 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Let’s see what the fallout is in Ireland from Cheltenham. I think it would be a good indicator. Was also thinking that glasto is pretty good on the hand sanitiser front...

It's not hand sanitiser that will determine whether Glasto will go ahead, it's the availability of public services, viz: NHS, doctors, nurses, police etc