Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

Sit Back Relax And.......

“When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”

5 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.

Ah so thats where Boris got his strategy from

15 minutes ago, ITK19889 said:

Mother Mary comes to me
Let it be, let it be.

When I find myself in times of trouble,

I wash my hands obsessively,

Singing Happy Birthday doubly.

Doubly, doubly, doubly oh doubly, singing Happy Birthday doubly.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Made is scan now Frozen II soundtrack has finished
  • Upvote 1

Just now, chazwwe said:

For those that are certain that the festival is not going ahead. I'm genuinely curious, why are you still hanging around discussing it and shutting down those who are a bit positive? 

Can’t upvote for some reason. 

@eFestivals what time does the upvote limit reset?

The fact still remains that most of the people who are going to die from this in the uk will die in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Your government made very few attempts to slow the spread so there’ll be a huge amount of cases in a short space of time and then it’ll drop off in May. Who knows what’s going to happen but at the moment it’s illogical to say that it’ll definitely be cancelled. It’s too early to know. 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

For those that are certain that the festival is not going ahead. I'm genuinely curious, why are you still hanging around discussing it and shutting down those who are a bit positive? 

Because this is a thread dedicated to the discussion around whether corona virus will lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury or not?

1 minute ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

It’s almost as though glastonbury is a month too soon

96306FCB-1659-40D5-9DA7-B0B4F3D003CB.png

Maybe they will take a wait and see approach until end of April, then the data might give a more solid indication of whether a reschedule event in August would actually go ahead?

I imagine they're looking at these angles. As will Festival Republic and co.

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Because this is a thread dedicated to the discussion around whether corona virus will lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury or not?

Then why does any piece of good or positiveness get shot down immediately with doom and 'no'. Which then follows pages of doom. 

If everyone is so confident its going to not go ahead, what is there to discuss? 

Since the previous thread started there are individuals who are still posting in here who only post that its cancelled and there's nothing we can do about it. What kind of joy is there in that only thinking about doom but also putting other people down who have any sort of positive outlook. I was quoted on the first couple of pages of the original thread in saying there's no point of all of this and they should just tell us its over now. Thats not discussion. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Are you a parody account?

Definitely a real account but I will say I have quite a unique outlook on this at the moment. I’m putting everything in for this year’s festival going ahead as I have no idea what will be happening in my future.

This year could very well be the last chance I get to go. All depends on how my surgery goes. 

23 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

festival is not going to be happening though, you’d have to be mad to think it is- sorry that’s not what you want to hear.

I'm sure you're a wise person with some kind of unmanifested authority on this subject, but you'll understand if I don't take your word for it.

23 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I’m gutted too but less gutted than if my parents in their 70’s died due to completely uneccesary large scale social gatherings taking place.

True. Probably best you don't go, then. I don't mean that to be as facetious as it reads - if your parents are going to be impacted by Glastonbury taking place, that risk is magnified by you attending. Otherwise, unless they attend themselves, you don't have much of an argument.

I'm in the same position, and am considering not returning to see my parents after the festival, but staying elsewhere until my flight back to Australia.

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

True. Probably best you don't go, then. I don't mean that to be as facetious as it reads - if your parents are going to be impacted by Glastonbury taking place, that risk is magnified by you attending. Otherwise, unless they attend themselves, you don't have much of an argument.

I'm in the same position, and am considering not returning to see my parents after the festival, but staying elsewhere until my flight back to Australia.

The comment you quoted is the exact same comment I was talking about in my post above. Obviously that individual doesn't think its happening, so is just hanging around to hope others feel bad and the same way? I don't get it.

I'm in the same boat, my step dad is 65 but was also very ill last year that we almost lost him. 

I'm also in the risk group my self, so have to be very serious in when thinking if I'm going, if it goes ahead. 

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Seems to be the path of least resistance...roll them over, those who don’t get tickets will be disappointed (but those who don’t get tickets outnumber those that do every year, and they are always disappointed)... there’s no way to keep everyone happy, so why not keep your ticket holders happy?...I have a vague recollection of you posting around t’day saying you didn’t get one, so I’m presuming no ulterior motive for believing they’ll roll over. Option to roll over or refund seems most likely to me (with the caveat that balances are paid as you will have actually committed to attending the festival at that stage)...

Yep. I dont have a ticket. Ive no motive here other than to try temper some of the over ambitious craic that it will go ahead and everything is gonna be fine. 

Rolling tickets over is the best solution.