Will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury?

stuartbert two hats

What's your best guess?   

1,012 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be cancelled?

• I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will be cancelled
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably be cancelled
    • It could go either way, I've no idea
    • I'm not sure, but I think it will probably go ahead
    • I'm pretty confident/100% sure it will go ahead

39 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I’m going to laugh in your face in a few days when it’s cancelled you silly duck! :) 

Yeah you can leave now :) 

Why are you even here, discussing Glastonbury, if you're going to be happy that people are hoping that the festival everyone discusses doesn't go ahead? Because you win and you were right? 

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

If they announced “we know flu normally kills about 20,000 people per year, but this year it’s a particularly bad one and we’re gonna let 500,000 die instead”, do you think there would be no “hype”...cos that’s what “herd immunity” acquired by letting 80% of the population catch it looks like. 

For me its helpful to put it in the context of whats gone before, i find that helpful. We have no way of knowing how many people have already had it, had mild symptoms and have recovered not knowing it was this strain of coronavirus they had. I could be considered to be someone who would be vulnerable if exposed to the virus so i take sensible precautions. I just think theres a lot of misinformation and contradictions out there which isnt very helpful at the moment. 

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

That feeling must totally suck.

I woke up this morning feeling unsure but I've not felt happy the longer the day goes on that I should be going, even though a few friends are going.

I've seen him a lot of times so its not a huge loss, the main thought was it might be the last gig in a 500+ venue I get to go to until the end of this nonsense. 

41 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Just stop with twattish comments, I enjoy this forum and use it as a break from everyday life as I'm sure many others do, let's keep it enjoyable for fucks sake.

Then don’t enter a thread that’s talking about the possible cancellation of the festival due to a global pandemic  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Kalopsia said:

Tensions are high but is that an excuse for throwing barbs at each other? 

No excuses, if we want positivity then:

If the vast majority of the country get it and that brings immunity with it, the youth of the country that contract it will have a positive future in regards to this current Corona virus 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

For me its helpful to put it in the context of whats gone before, i find that helpful. We have no way of knowing how many people have already had it, had mild symptoms and have recovered not knowing it was this strain of coronavirus they had. I could be considered to be someone who would be vulnerable if exposed to the virus so i take sensible precautions. I just think theres a lot of misinformation and contradictions out there which isnt very helpful at the moment. 

Sorry, I really didn’t mean to seem rude (there’s just lots of people suggesting it’s not that big a deal). Really, we can’t compare to other things that cause death, as we’ve no idea what this virus might do. Compare at the end, not at the start (but I understand people perceive risk differently and do need some kind of perspective). I really do hope we get it under control, get a vaccine within the next year or so and can protect vulnerable people without having to rely on everyone getting mild symptoms with an unknown death toll. It’s a rapidly evolving situation. Information that was correct last week is often out of date very quickly. People are afraid, and I agree, there’s a lot of contradictory information circulating (and misinformation). Stay safe!

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

That feeling must totally suck.

I woke up this morning feeling unsure but I've not felt happy the longer the day goes on that I should be going, even though a few friends are going.

It's a gut instinct against risk decision, no right or wrong I reckon at this moment in time.

We're off to a 1500 capacity venue this evening to see Rumours of Fleetwood Mac (who are ace by the way), I don't expect it to be full, but we will go and enjoy all the same; you've gotta live, but be very mindful of the current global situation.

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

If the vast majority of the country get it and that brings immunity with it, the youth of the country that contract it will have a positive future in regards to this current Corona virus 👍🏻

Unless it starts mutating :)

17 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yeah you can leave now :) 

Why are you even here, discussing Glastonbury, if you're going to be happy that people are hoping that the festival everyone discusses doesn't go ahead? Because you win and you were right? 

That’s exactly why. 

1 minute ago, lukethekid said:

Well you try and be positive and look what happens 

Nah I have been positive for the most part. I'm very in the middle but we really all don't know what is going to happen but what we shouldn't do is start throwing insults around or that we'll be happy when the festival is cancelled because some people have a complex about things like that. 

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Sorry, I really didn’t mean to seem rude (there’s just lots of people suggesting it’s not that big a deal). Really, we can’t compare to other things that cause death, as we’ve no idea what this virus might do. Compare at the end, not at the start (but I understand people perceive risk differently and do need some kind of perspective). I really do hope we get it under control, get a vaccine within the next year or so and can protect vulnerable people without having to rely on everyone getting mild symptoms with an unknown death toll. It’s a rapidly evolving situation. Information that was correct last week is often out of date very quickly. People are afraid, and I agree, there’s a lot of contradictory information circulating (and misinformation). Stay safe!

No apology necessary i didnt perceive your response as rude at all. I work a lot with risk so you're spot on with how i approach these things :) i share your hopes, thank you for sharing them. You stay safe too :)

Just now, Slugworth said:

That’s exactly why. 

Superiority complex. 

Doesn't matter if it effects people or makes people unhappy, the person in  question has made a statement, they've been told they might be wrong, so they're hoping it happens even more so just to shut up the doubters. 

11 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I never mentioned positivity, there's a lot of negativity around which is to be expected in the current situation there is just no need to throw barbs. 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

With regard to it being mental to go to a gig/pub tonight, is't the general policy 'we're all going to get it anyway'?

Kinda.

I've got a Levellers gig on Thursday.  Unless they cancel it, I'll be going.

I'm pretty careful on my own personal hygiene with the hand washing, not touching my face etc. Govt advice isn't yet to cancel everything. If stuff's going ahead, I'm rolling with it.

Not going to make the breakdown of society a self-fulfilling prophecy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Kinda.

I've got a Levellers gig on Thursday.  Unless they cancel it, I'll be going.

I'm pretty careful on my own personal hygiene with the hand washing, not touching my face etc. Govt advice isn't yet to cancel everything. If stuff's going ahead, I'm rolling with it.

Not going to make the breakdown of society a self-fulfilling prophecy!

My partner is gutted that Santana has cancelled their tour but he's hopeful he'll reschedule. I hope your gig goes ahead.