Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

25 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

One of the reasons I love Glastonbury is acts like this that I wouldn't pay to go see at their own show but in the right scenario, right mindset will have the best time to. 

Yup.  Saw her at Benicassim, again as one of those acts I wouldn't have gone to see myself but would happily give an hour to at a festival.

And she was bloody great :)

Had never heard of Dua before her JP set in 2017. Only went along because the official programme described her as "dreampop". Was slightly suspicious when I arrived to a packed tent, and as she kicked off with 'Hotter than Hell', it quickly became apparent she wasn't going to be filling the Slowdive shaped gap on that year's lineup. Regardless, she won me over, and hopefully will see her again on the Pyramid this year

She’s actually made such a 180 on me in the past couple of years. With her first album and new rules I can’t say I was obsessed with her. I don’t know... after One Kiss I started to enjoy the pure party vibe she brings with her music.

Don’t Start Now and Physical are bangers and it’s good to see that the UK is actually getting behind her and not ditching her like they do to a lot of pop girls. It’s hard for a pop girl to maintain a fanbase after their first album here it seems (sometimes).

There is a lot of hype to see what she does next and I’m excited to see it

Edited by Matt42