2021 Headliners

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Same number of big tunes as Nick Cave.

I dunno man. Has the man written a live beast like Higgs Boson Blues.

Boom boom boom. 

Cave adjuring a 25K arena with this song was a defining moment for me when it comes to live music. 

Edited by misterplow

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Tbf to kasabian, it's not up to them to preempt the court hearing today. It makes sense why they were so curt in their statement. 

Hopefully she is ok now and my thoughts are with her. Don't care about Tom now, hopefully his sentence will reflect him crime.

Agree with this, not sure what else they could have said without actually saying what he had done, and there may be some laws around what can be made public with court cases. Re-reading the statement now it mentions his behaviour and doesn't wish him well and also doesn't allow comments which makes sense now. Like I said before what he's done is not ok and hope she is ok now, but I also feel sorry for the rest of the band having something they've been a part of for 20 years tarnished and possibly brought to an early end

Fair enough if you want to criticise Meighan Matt42, but criticising the band for the statement is poor judgement. It read as pretty cold towards him and was obvious that they weren’t happy with his behaviour. You sure this isn’t your dislike of the band influencing your opinion here? What were they supposed to say? “Please don’t offer him your support, he’s been a right twat”?

Edited by The Martini Police
  • Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Jcatley said:

Whatever it is, wishing all the best for Tom Meighan and hope he gets the support to help him find health and happiness as soon as possible. 

Grew up with Kasabian being one of my favourite bands and today’s news is pretty gutting. Provided me with many good memories.

Well. I’m retracting this and all my social media posts I made yesterday. It has made me feel sick. The guy clearly has a lot of issues and will need support/rehab to become a better person. But what he has done is disgusting. All my sympathy is with his ex for the abuse she suffered.

Very upsetting to have one of your heroes let you down and show their true colours. 

5 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Fair enough if you want to criticise Meighan Matt42, but criticising the band for the statement is poor judgement. It read as pretty cold towards him and was obvious that they weren’t happy with his behaviour. You sure this isn’t your dislike of the band influencing your opinion here? What were they supposed to say? “Please don’t offer him your support, he’s been a right twat”?

Maybe we don’t condone his actions? Personal issues envokes sympathy 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's no There She Goes, My Beautiful World

Sweet tune.

Don't know what his definitive live banger is. I would say The Mercy Seat, but then there's also Stagger Lee and Tupelo. And Jubilee Street, Red Right Hand and From Her To Eternity want to say hi too. Into My Arms and Ship song for the feels. Weeping Song for the drunk singalongs. 

30 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Tbf to kasabian, it's not up to them to preempt the court hearing today. It makes sense why they were so curt in their statement. 

Hopefully she is ok now and my thoughts are with her. Don't care about Tom now, hopefully his sentence will reflect him crime.

18 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Agree with this, not sure what else they could have said without actually saying what he had done, and there may be some laws around what can be made public with court cases. Re-reading the statement now it mentions his behaviour and doesn't wish him well and also doesn't allow comments which makes sense now. Like I said before what he's done is not ok and hope she is ok now, but I also feel sorry for the rest of the band having something they've been a part of for 20 years tarnished and possibly brought to an early end

Yeah that's my thoughts on it - they had to make a statement and get him out before the court case, but at the same time not reveal there was a court case (so can't say anything about domestic violence or even infer that is the case) while still putting their disapproval across. It'll have been checked over or even co-written by a lawyer. 

I did wonder yesterday if it was criminal proceedings because "turn his life around" and "behaviour" usually indicate that. With drug addictions etc it's not really something to make a cryptic statement about, it just gets admitted. 

Cynic in me is wondering if that planned Leicester gig for mid-June was there as a final hurrah....

4 minutes ago, august1 said:

I think it's a bit of a PR own goal in their attempt to get ahead of the news 

It's such a tough one - if they kicked him out today everyone would be saying they only did it when forced and because it got made public. No real right answers for them - the rest of the band shouldn't have to be dragged down with him so self preservation for them is a fair thing to do however horrible his actions (as in, he isn't 100% representative of Kasabian in the same way someone who works for a normal company when they get sacked isn't the entire company).

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tom is stepping down from the band by mutual consent due to actions in his personal life that we do not condone. We advise our fans to respect the privacy of his family members at this time.

There. Fucking easy.

They made the statement before the details of the court case came out. They wouldn’t even be allowed to say what you have written above.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Cynic in me is wondering if that planned Leicester gig for mid-June was there as a final hurrah....

But a few weeks ago they were talking about working on new material so I don't think it was, I also agree the statement could have been clearer regarding it because of the actuality of what happened