2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, Mmmcookies said:

I feel like it's extremely unlikely but an IDLES announcement would make me very happy

After their set on the park last year I'd happily have them back every year. I think they'll turn up, maybe as a surprise somewhere? 2nd/3rd JP stage? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Anyway, back to the anouncements. 

How big of a poster are we thinking? Smallish one like last year or a bigger one like normal? I'm hoping for a nice chunk of 70 acts with a surprise or two in there.. 

Whats everyones biggest hope they see on the poster to get them excited mine has to be Billie EIlish. 

I'd love to see The Divine Comedy on there 🤞🤞

• Like 2

How big of a poster are we thinking? Smallish one like last year or a bigger one like normal? I'm hoping for a nice chunk of 70 acts with a surprise or two in there.. 

Whats everyones biggest hope they see on the poster to get them excited mine has to be Billie EIlish. 

Cave.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

All squid are damp, they live in the ocean, maybe you're thinking of squib?

I think Rob is more likely to be right than wrong, time will tell.

He knows it was a deliberate reference to the miss expressing of apropos.

Rob might be right in that there is a cancellation in the end he isn't right that that's what's being announced today because he is talking shite.

1 minute ago, Mmmcookies said:

I feel like it's extremely unlikely but an IDLES announcement would make me very happy

I would love this! 

I'm going to Reading on the Sunday won't be able to catch all of them because of RATM so would love to see them at Glasto. 

Like you said, unlikely unfortunately. 

Last years wasnt that small was it? 60 odd acts still

Aside from Kendrick headlining, I'd be really pleased to see either Tyler The Creator, Action Bronson, Anderson Paak or DJ Jazzy Jeff, who I saw at Lovebox a few years ago and played one of the most fun DJ sets I've ever seen. Desperate to see him again.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I’m crossing everything for Billie.

1 minute ago, gmb1992 said:

I would love this! 

I'm going to Reading on the Sunday won't be able to catch all of them because of RATM so would love to see them at Glasto. 

Trying to keep my hopes down but they are my 2020 must see. Might be a last minute Reading purchase if Glasto is looking unlikely

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I would love this! 

Nah screw the unlikely, Idles. 2am Hell Stage Monday Morning, the true end to the festival.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m crossing everything for Billie.

I still go back to your Sunday of just being an absolute dream and me turning into a chair person at the Pyramid. 
Diana > HAIM(or Alicia) > Billie > Taylor would be the best end to any festival I've been to. 

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

He knows it was a deliberate reference to the miss expressing of apropos.

Rob might be right in that there is a cancellation in the end he isn't right that that's what's being announced today because he is talking shite.

Ah! missed that, we'll know today if Rob is right, assuming there is an announcement of something.

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Even though it's all bu confirmed I'm still super excited to see Kendrick's name on there! Realistically I'd like The Avalanches, Soccer Mommy,  Mahalia maybe Tyler the Creator off the top of my head. More ambitiously I'd love Earl Sweatshirt, Blood Orange, Car Seat Headrest and Neon Indian to list a few