2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

Just now, ModernMan said:

If you don’t need to “reveal your source” why bother posting in the first place? Honestly just pathetic trolling/attention seeking. 

When I turn out to be correct later on will you come and say sorry? This isn't a troll I just wanted to share the news.

2 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

I don't need to reveal my source, but as sad as it makes me right now, it is a good source. Feel free to slate me and my reputation right now, but do please come back to me to take back your criticism if I turn out to be correct.

So on the same day Neil had word more than one act would be confirmed, thereby assuming the poster could well be on the way, you had word it’s cancelled. I know which one I’m more likely to believe.. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

When I turn out to be correct later on will you come and say sorry? This isn't a troll I just wanted to share the news.

1 minute ago, Mmmcookies said:

Maybe share it in the Corona thread if you must? I believe this thread is about artist announcements.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, Rob0510 said:

If you’re correct I will. But my point still stands, why bother unless you actually can provide evidence? I’m sorry but that’s why you’re getting a lot of grief here. Unsubstantiated and uncalled for really, if that’s to be the announcement later then just let it happen. There’s really no need to be “first”.

With the announcement that all schools, third-level education and public facilities are due to close in Ireland - along with recommending cancellation of events of over 100 - as of 6pm today and Boris presumably making a similar announcement later today..

.. I don't see as announcement on the cards today unortunately.. and if there is, it's gonna be baaaaaad news!

Shite!

4 minutes ago, Rob0510 said:

Again, I would be very surprised if Bearded Theory who just announced this morning that everything is still going ahead that it then turns around and gets cancelled a few hours later. 

Just now, basquille said:

With the announcement that all schools, third-level education and public facilities are due to close in Ireland - along with recommending cancellation of events of over 100 - as of 6pm today and Boris presumably making a similar announcement later today..

.. I don't see as announcement on the cards today unortunately.. and if there is, it's gonna be baaaaaad news!

Shite!

Events and schools wont be stopped for 3 months. 

It'll be a 2 week-4 week stop at most. 

Anyway, back to the anouncements. 

How big of a poster are we thinking? Smallish one like last year or a bigger one like normal? I'm hoping for a nice chunk of 70 acts with a surprise or two in there.. 

Whats everyones biggest hope they see on the poster to get them excited mine has to be Billie EIlish. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

How big of a poster are we thinking? Smallish one like last year or a bigger one like normal? I'm hoping for a nice chunk of 70 acts with a surprise or two in there.. 

Whats everyones biggest hope they see on the poster to get them excited mine has to be Billie EIlish. 

Bon Iver for me 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Events and schools wont be stopped for 3 months. 

It'll be a 2 week-4 week stop at most. 

I'm aware.. it's only in place in Ireland until March 29th.

I'm just saying that I'd say they're unlikely to announce the lineup on a day where that news has surfaced.

In my opinion, they're potentially more likely to reschedule that cancel if it comes to it, but how that'll affect performers is another thing.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I want some hidden gems that we haven't already thought of lower down the list! 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I feel like it's extremely unlikely but an IDLES announcement would make me very happy

Edited by Mmmcookies
  • Like 1