2020 Pyramid Subs

StevieGed

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Reckon it could be Foals, Noel's and melty Nick topping the other stage, leaving Lorde, Lana Del Rey and Dua Lipa doing the Pyramid sub thing.

Lorde’s latest update didn’t leave the impression that new material was coming out any time soon, and I reckon Dua will be the big third down pop star rather than sub. Fingers crossed for Lana though; before any of the three headliners will do me! Likewise for Nick, although him headlining Other vs. Swifty seems a very realistic and worrying clash. 

19 minutes ago, Gromite said:

I personally quite like Noel's solo stuff, so wouldn't be disappointed 

Same, I personally reckon he'd smash a sub slot. An hour of HFB and Oasis tunes, absolute quality, plus Don't Look Back in Anger will be a moment regardless of if he does it properly or the acoustic version he's been doing recently 

Id be absolutely amazed if Noel isn’t subbing Macca.

If I had to guess now on other headers I’d say:

Nick Cave - Friday

21 Pilots - Saturday

Foals - Sunday

All march up quite well with whose headlining the other stage.  I’d also throw Biffy in there as a possible too

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lorde’s latest update didn’t leave the impression that new material was coming out any time soon, and I reckon Dua will be the big third down pop star rather than sub. Fingers crossed for Lana though; before any of the three headliners will do me! Likewise for Nick, although him headlining Other vs. Swifty seems a very realistic and worrying clash. 

Lorde’s latest material didn’t leave the impression that a sub slot was coming any time soon. Being serious this time, she isn’t an act on an upward trajectory.

I think the Nick Cave talk probably needs to wait until he’s actually announced for some festivals too and more reason for him to stay on tour appears. Wouldn’t worry about him clashing with anyone at all at the moment.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Lorde’s latest material didn’t leave the impression that a sub slot was coming any time soon. Being serious this time, she isn’t an act on an upward trajectory.

I think the Nick Cave talk probably needs to wait until he’s actually announced for some festivals too and more reason for him to stay on tour appears. Wouldn’t worry about him clashing with anyone at all at the moment.

As a massive Lorde fan.... I agree.

Without being a w*nker I think she was a bit of a stepping stone for an act like Billie Eilish to fly.

Its bad to compare female acts like that but I feel her long waits between albums hurt and hinder her success when she was definitely set for a massive trajectory. She is a great live act but I feel she’s taking too long between albums to be considered a major player now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Id be absolutely amazed if Noel isn’t subbing Macca.

If I had to guess now on other headers I’d say:

Nick Cave - Friday

21 Pilots - Saturday

Foals - Sunday

All march up quite well with whose headlining the other stage.  I’d also throw Biffy in there as a possible too

Swap Biffy with Nick and jobs a good one ?

16 minutes ago, jyoung said:

What's going on here, lads? Lorde is top drawer. Melodrama was an AOTY contender across the board in '17. The likes of her and Frank Ocean will still be considered innovative and great regardless of the time between releases. Team Lorde.

Indeed. Some short memories here.

That said I don’t see her being about next year.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Indeed. Some short memories here.

That said I don’t see her being about next year.

Great artist but as mentioned earlier, her recent update does not suggest a flurry of activity anytime soon.

Edited by jyoung

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick Lamar subbed by Noel Gallagher

Paul McCartney subbed by Lana Del Rey

Taylor Swift subbed by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

As Glasto likes to switch up subs so there is crowd movement. Noel would jump at the opportunity to sub Kendrick. 

Why do you say this like it's well known he's a massive fan? A quick google search brings up this as the only real link between the two from an NME article 

"Gallagher was also asked about Kendrick Lamar, with Noel revealing that he doesn’t “know anything about him.” He added: “I know Bono’s into him.”

Edited by Mouseboy11