2020 Pyramid Subs

StevieGed

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

Why do you say this like it's well known he's a massive fan? A quick google search brings up this as the only real link between the two from an NME article 

"Gallagher was also asked about Kendrick Lamar, with Noel revealing that he doesn’t “know anything about him.” He added: “I know Bono’s into him.”

I saw an interview with him recently where he was praising hip hop. He’s softening in his old age.

35 minutes ago, jyoung said:

What's going on here, lads? Lorde is top drawer. Melodrama was an AOTY contender across the board in '17. The likes of her and Frank Ocean will still be considered innovative and great regardless of the time between releases. Team Lorde.

Sales for her album and tour faceplanted at a critical juncture, and AOTY consideration won’t open new doors for an artist like Lorde. She’ll live on as a cult artist for sure and probably get to make more groundbreaking stuff in future but as a popular artist climbing lineups: fuggedaboutit.

Edited by dentalplan

@Matt42 + @dentalplan

In my opinion she's on her own level already! I can't think of many other current artists at the same stage of their career with such captivating and unique work. The only one who comes close is, as you say, Billie (but I personally find Lorde's records more interesting). Billie's (frankly obscene) habit of breaking records and selling out tours has no impact on Lorde's relevance as an artist. She's a young musician with plenty of time to produce a larger body of work. What she has released so far has been widely acclaimed. The way we consume stuff in this age is a bit grotesque anyway. I'm happy to wait a few years between cycles if it means the work is of that quality.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

@Matt42 + @dentalplan

In my opinion she's on her own level already! I can't think of many other current artists at the same stage of their career with such captivating and unique work. The only one who comes close is, as you say, Billie (but I personally find Lorde's records more interesting). Billie's (frankly obscene) habit of breaking records and selling out tours has no impact on Lorde's relevance as an artist. She's a young musician with plenty of time to produce a larger body of work. What she has released so far has been widely acclaimed. The way we consume stuff in this age is a bit grotesque anyway. I'm happy to wait a few years between cycles if it means the work is of that quality.

94.jpg

29 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Why do you say this like it's well known he's a massive fan? A quick google search brings up this as the only real link between the two from an NME article 

"Gallagher was also asked about Kendrick Lamar, with Noel revealing that he doesn’t “know anything about him.” He added: “I know Bono’s into him.”

Matt knows exactly what all major recording artists are thinking at any given time.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 9:20 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

On one hand, yes. On the other, can we switch Baga for somebody who is not a Tory + racist? (yeah, I know, that's a tautology)

Oh you spoil sport. I'd managed to miss the racism accusations and now I am scared to Google. The Tory thing I am just going to hope she's educated herself ... not seen much commentary on it since the shock "Baga's a Tory c**t" from when she was announced. 

Re: Lorde - people counting her to never climb above "Other sub" when she's only released two albums and is as young and critically acclaimed as she is really is laughable.

(Also Billie Eilish's existence didn't suddenly cancel Lorde's record contract. Hopefully the industry allows these two really quite different artists to success separately)

On 11/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

Thats all NG needs. Next time he gets asked he will have loved everything about him. NG *hearts* Bono.