2020 Pyramid Subs

StevieGed

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont get the love for LDR. I hope she isnt on before Swift or Macca. I justbtried listening to her album & it bored me to tears. I want something with a bit more life & energy. 

I get she's big enough, but it's just depressing to my ears. Proper chin strokey stuff.

In the words of Andy Townsend "Not for me Clive". 

Lizzo before Swift please. 

Danke.

Well said that man - couldn’t agree more.

I have tried too given all the acclaim NFR has got. ?‍♂️   Would suck the energy out of the pyramid before the headliner

Lizzo on the other hand - now there’s a party 

• Like 1

I always thought of HAIM as a 4th down pyramid kind of act. As already said they don’t seem to be demanding in terms of slot. I don’t really see them subbing because I don’t think they are really trying to move towards headlining festivals at all.

Coachella subs are not a good metric to base it off. They are weirder than Glasto’s subs.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I always thought of HAIM as a 4th down pyramid kind of act. As already said they don’t seem to be demanding in terms of slot. I don’t really see them subbing because I don’t think they are really trying to move towards headlining festivals at all.

Coachella subs are not a good metric to base it off. They are weirder than Glasto’s subs.

Can’t see them pushing for sub this year but 3rd isn’t out of the question.  Sunday makes sense due to the swift link too. 

• Like 1

Taylor and Lana are both ace, no need to pit them against each other. Live is such that we can have both, and we might get both at Glastonbury too. 

I'm still all aboard the Lizzo sub Taylor train, but so far it doesn't seem like she's in the frame. Knowing Glastonbury they'll chuck Nick Cave on before Taylor. 

• Upvote 1

I really dont get so many people saying Lizzo is sub sized. Like. Where has this come from? There are people in here saying its too soon for Lewis Capaldi to play 3rd on the Pyramid let Lizzo can sub headline? Yes her next album will be huge, but her last one went to #40 in the charts and with the way she releases albums (4 years in between the last 2) what are the chances of her releasing another one before June?

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I really dont get so many people saying Lizzo is sub sized. Like. Where has this come from? There are people in here saying its too soon for Lewis Capaldi to play 3rd on the Pyramid let Lizzo can sub headline? Yes her next album will be huge, but her last one went to #40 in the charts and with the way she releases albums (4 years in between the last 2) what are the chances of her releasing another one before June?

I think there’s a fair chance of a successful re-release, personally. Since she dropped her last album, she’s really taken off and her fan base are very passionate. That might propel her to a better slot next year (not as high as Pyramid sub though), but they say it’s less about her music and more about her, and the inclusive positivity she brings to her sets. I can’t vouch for her myself, I wasn’t at her set this year and although she sounds lovely, I’m not compelled to see her. 

Lizzo shouldn't sub, if she gives it a year she should headline with another album. In fairness she could sub anyone and make it party central, bangers for days and just has that huge energy. The pyramid sub slot is notoriously hard to pull off given you can be playing to a crowd of someone else's fans but she would 100% get everyone bopping regardless.

4 hours ago, jyoung said:

Watching Lana perform the likes of Venice Bitch and California on the Pyramid as the sun sets behind the stage would be beautiful but you'd soon be brought back to reality by a bunch of moaners behind you whinging about how boring it is.

^^^^
Those who refuse to try and get it.

For what it's worth I love them both but Taylor is a massive fan of LDR - I think she's said in the past that Lana is her favourite lyricist. 'Wildest Dreams' was her blatant attempt at an LDR tune which probably goes some way to why it's up there with my favourite Swift tracks.

Whilst I agree with those saying that LDR is not an act to get the party started, I could still see her subbing for Taylor making some sense.

If Lizzo was to sub headline next year, her crowd would be fairly small. I love this place sometimes but the 'I like this artist so I think they should be in this spot' vs 'I don't like this artist so they shouldn't be in this spot' is hilarious. 

I saw a post a few days ago asking if Kendrick would sub headline. Yet people in here saying Lizzo can sub headline next year and headline off another album. Like, where are we getting this from? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

If Lizzo was to sub headline next year, her crowd would be fairly small. I love this place sometimes but the 'I like this artist so I think they should be in this spot' vs 'I don't like this artist so they shouldn't be in this spot' is hilarious. 

I saw a post a few days ago asking if Kendrick would sub headline. Yet people in here saying Lizzo can sub headline next year and headline off another album. Like, where are we getting this from? 

Because she's on the cusp of becoming huge. She's having 3 year old songs hitting the top 10 in America. Not too long before that success replicates over here, her music is on adverts and soundtracks everywhere. The fact she absolutely packed out West Holts despite being up against Foals and Janet Jackson. If it weren't for the Janet clash then it's likely they would have needed to have closed the West Holts field for her set.