Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I certainly think you could make use of the loop :) loopy one :) 

Agh, you are, of course, referring to The Loop. I've actually had a batch of dark web commodities tested before for it's content. Not from The Loop though, but from someone who had an expensive testing kit (for many goods). All proved to be hunky dory. :)

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes in terms of numbers ... but its dependant on how interlinked the groups are with friends etc ... it would be easy for people to say thats my tickets sorted im off for a pint ... and also just be a little wary around payment ... but saying that I did similar with someone from here last year who organised it and we got all 4 groups sorted 

Yeah, I've been told that people will send the money for the deposits over immediately, but I'm still a little sceptical about it all as its just me, two friends, and then everyone else is a stranger to me. But apparently there's about 100+ people in this megagroup so I like to think that means the odds are pretty good...

Also, I've got a few other friends saying they want to go, but I wonder how many are actually committed to it. Last year I had a friend in my ticket group, but when it came to ticket sale time, they told me they got distracted and spent time with their girlfriend instead. A bastard.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, I've been told that people will send the money for the deposits over immediately, but I'm still a little sceptical about it all as its just me, two friends, and then everyone else is a stranger to me. But apparently there's about 100+ people in this megagroup so I like to think that means the odds are pretty good...

Also, I've got a few other friends saying they want to go, but I wonder how many are actually committed to it. Last year I had a friend in my ticket group, but when it came to ticket sale time, they told me they got distracted and spent time with their girlfriend instead. A bastard.

those kind of numbers would concern me ... above a certain threshold I would think it becomes unmanageable ...  and the time being so limited ... maybe some thoughts from others ....

59 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I suspect with a huge group most people will stop trying after they've got their tickets and if you have strangers in your group you risk them also trying in other ways to get tickets and you getting held up by trying to book tickets for folk whose registration has already been successful in getting tickets.

57 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I suspect with a huge group most people will stop trying after they've got their tickets and if you have strangers in your group you risk them also trying in other ways to get tickets and you getting held up by trying to book tickets for folk whose registration has already been successful in getting tickets.

Yeah it sounds iffy to me.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah it sounds iffy to me.

I don't trust my nearest and dearest to perform this task with any confidence so I wouldn't put it in the hands of internet friends!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

In my opinion, the odds aren't as good as all that, it is highly unlikely that the majority of this megagroup will ever come close to helping many others in a serious way, I'd buy for one group who I didn't know if they were regulars on efestivals, but I can't see most people putting down payment for people they don't know at all.

There's plenty of upsides to working in a big group, but 100+ mainly strangers is too much to work effectively. It may be better to break the big group down and become more manageable, so two or three groups of 6 people working together. If not, how can it possibly be controlled during the ticket sale. Many groups use Whats App or similar to co-ordinate on the day, that's fine if it's 12 or 18 or 24 people, but if it's a 100+ it'll be a mess.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As awful as it sounds I do feel that we as a community should be looking out for each other rather than the random strangers who will inevitably pop up over the next week or so asking for help then vanish never to be seen again.

I think mostly we do and will .... :) although last year my helper was on here for a quite a while before but seems to have vanished since ... 

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

As awful as it sounds I do feel that we as a community should be looking out for each other rather than the random strangers who will inevitably pop up over the next week or so asking for help then vanish never to be seen again.

I mean we’re all very helpful on here but can’t help feeling used when randos start topics asking things that have been answered countless times in active threads if they bothered to have a look around. I’ve found tonnes of useful information in archived topics. Everything a newbie needs to know is here somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

I guess we are all new once and this is the time when people start taking an active interest and this site will find a lot of new members browsing this time of year so its important that we continue to help ... thats one of the things that makes this forum very different to lots of the competition ... the search function for me hasn't always helped and the regular posters on here can go straight to threads that others dont know exist ... some of the users won't stick around and when I joined I didn't ever think I would make 6000 plus posts on a festival forum ... especially as one of my early posts was nearly my last .... anyway I digress .. some of these newbies will become the major posters in the future and are very much needed to keep the forum active and fresh 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

A few years ago, when you could pay your balance a short time after, I was stung quite heavily by people that didn't pay me the deposit money after I had paid. It left a sour taste that still is there to this day. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess we are all new once and this is the time when people start taking an active interest and this site will find a lot of new members browsing this time of year so its important that we continue to help ... 

Yes, for sure. It's not easy to navigate through the maze of older topics, we should always welcome new people and help them with any reasonable questions, for all the good advice we can share there's always the chance to learn something new from beyond our existing little band of efesters

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

A few years ago, when you could pay your balance a short time after, I was stung quite heavily by people that didn't pay me the deposit money after I had paid. It left a sour taste that still is there to this day. 

That's awful! I hope you're still reminding them to this day of their disgusting behaviour. If not give me their names and I'll do it for ya.

Is it worth us grouping up into 2 or 3 groups of 6 amongst ourselves? I have a group of 6 and would be happy to pair up with another 1 or 2 groups to help each other should we get through. As has been said I think any more than that could become incredibly chaotic but should be easy enough to manage just 2 or 3?

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Is it worth us grouping up into 2 or 3 groups of 6 amongst ourselves? I have a group of 6 and would be happy to pair up with another 1 or 2 groups to help each other should we get through. As has been said I think any more than that could become incredibly chaotic but should be easy enough to manage just 2 or 3?

yes I would say so .. Im already doing this ... 

We were in one of those 100+ groups last year, friends of friends of some of our regular ticket getting gang. There were WhatsApp groups, conference call numbers, spreadsheets etc. Less  than a third got tickets, and of those that did get early on I think some groups were then trying for who they wanted rather than who they were allocated for.

Also two in our group got bus tickets for others (we couldn’t go on the bus and were trying on the condition that the favour was repaid on the Sunday) and then had a difficult time getting the deposit money from them

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

16 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I totally agree that we should be helping each other out and I’ve already offered to help people from here with the coach sale,  if they get lucky I will happily take both of your details and try for you in the main sale, will be in touch closer to the time.

Charm x

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Charm said:

I totally agree that we should be helping each other out and I’ve already offered to help people from here with the coach sale,  if they get lucky I will happily take both of your details and try for you in the main sale, will be in touch closer to the time.

Charm x

Amazing, thanks!

I’m assuming you also want tickets yourself? Closer to the time send me over your groups details and we can try for you, too :) Could do 3 groups of 6 with @Hugh Jass?

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Amazing, thanks!

I’m assuming you also want tickets yourself? Closer to the time send me over your groups details and we can try for you, too :) Could do 3 groups of 6 with @Hugh Jass?

Definitely want tickets, sounds like a good plan but obviously if the people I have offered help to fail in the coach I will have to help them first, will let you know.  

Charm x